Sign off 2 years in advance

Just wondering if I am able to sign off on JPA and give 24 months notice rather than 12. It says in the resettlement guide you have resettlement support in your last 2 years. Better to plan in advance and drag the resettlement out.

No you can't.

You only get two years resettlement when coming to the end of a 22/24 year (or more) career at it's natural termination date.

Sign off notice is 12 months.

A lad I know whom won't be doing the 24 years has asked already.

It makes sense what you (both) propose hence Glasgows problem with it.

I'm guessing you're 28 and hoping to bail at 12.

Got it in 1. I know I want to leave, so would make more sense doing 7 clicks now, then it saves getting posted and can plan life a bit better. Can also stop me getting promoted and give it to someone else, rather than wasting a slot

Got it in 1. I know I want to leave, so would make more sense doing 7 clicks now, then it saves getting posted and can plan life a bit better. Can also stop me getting promoted and give it to someone else, rather than wasting a slot
Signing off doesn't prevent a person promoting.

If you are the best man for the job you are offered it, and a shot at withdrawing your promotion.

If you are intent on leaving, then 'your' promotion is given to the next man on the list. The Reserves list, aka(e) the 'shadow board', made up of young lads and lasses who were above the quality line, but there weren't enough slots.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Officers 46
Popaz1447 Infantry 8
L Army Pay, Claims & JPA 10