Sign life away (rmp)

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by loopyMonkey, Apr 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know what the average feelings from the steriotype soldier in the army towards the RMP are, generally discontentment... however, this has not put me off joining them.. Im goin to "a look at life course" in winchester soon to aquire more information, but it looks like there will be another enlisted monkey soon... So ill be signing the dotted line if all goes well..

2. More fool you. Long shifts - low peer liking and a job in the prison service afterwards.

3. Do you think that avatar is an accurate reflection of the RMP?

A red Arrsed baboon would be better.... they are not very hard... have not been for a long time.........

4. Not since 1974 actually

5. Did you know Wally Payne ORC? Just got my hands on his book its good to see that a sprog Lance Jack's first night in the mess in the early 60's was strikingly similar to mine in 1989. I doubt that initiation ceremonies such as those exist today with all the PC do gooders putting their big noses in.

:roll:

6. I started off as a driver in the RCT then went across to RMP and yes your right the RMP have some tossers who love the power?, but then any unit your in be it Guards to Para's will always have some tossers.
    I would say that most RMP who have been in another Corps or Regt make the better NCO and use commen sense more, after all we have probably done the same as the Squaddie on the street.
    Hand on heart i can say that i never nicked anyone for being drunk or speeding as come the next night off i would probably be doing the same. :lol:

7. Did you know Wally Payne ORC? Just got my hands on his book its good to see that a sprog Lance Jack's first night in the mess in the early 60's was strikingly similar to mine in 1989. I doubt that initiation ceremonies such as those exist today with all the PC do gooders putting their big noses in.

:roll:[/quote]

whats the book like mate as i have just orderd it?

8. Feckin funny

9. Books a load of bollo**s, thank christ I never served under this to**er. Does absolutely no service to the RMP apart from making them look like fools. Oh and bye the way don't join the RMP get a trade. 22 yrs down the line you will feel much better.

10. Thanks for that Akira, i will post my thoughts on the book when i have read it.

11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

monkeyrmp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just looked at your www site and it is so funny :lol:

Can yoiu explain why a picture of a German soldier is between the Parachute Regiment cap badge and the CRMP cypher? Did the Boxheads save your sorry ass by keeping the paras away from you?

SAS policeman mugs with The Traveller quoted - so classy. How much is the mailing costs to the good ole US of A, which presumably is where you sell most of your kit.

Now - I am open to a good slagging here as I have never met a monkeysas as opposed to the monkeyrmp, whom I have met in differing situations throughout the '60s & '70s. Please enlighten this poor sole as to your role in monkeysas or are you a "WALT"?

12. Where do i say that im SAS? Where do i say that i was Ex SAS?
    I think you will find no mention of me being in or out of the Regt.
    As for being a "Walt", don't you have to be pretending to by something your not to be called that?
    All my posts on here are from my own experiances as i have no need to "Walt" anything, i know what i have and have not done and do not need to explain myself or my site to you so please go find another victim.

13. Standing by for slagging !

As someone who has spent time attached to the RMP I can honestly say the ones I met are not a bad bunch of lads, If not a little young to be NCOs. They are much the same as every other unit, they have some tossers and some very good lads, most of whom don't go out with the intention of arresting blokes, rather keep them from getting in more serious trouble with the civil police, be that in UK or overseas.

Readt for incoming !

14. I agree mate some RMP NCO's are young for the role they have to do, how can a young RMP L/Cpl aged 18 go to a domestic and tell some Sgt to stop shouting at his wife?, i belive that RMP are better if they have spent some time in Corps or other Regiments first to get some basic squaddie life skills, you could tell the re-treds when i was in, most are sound blokes who just got fed up of digging holes or in my case driving trucks.
    Many a squaddie in Osnabruck got off with a lot when my Platoon had night shifts :D