Sign in if u r ACF

T

Tango34

Rights lets find out who is who.....

Im ACF (SSI) and have 4 years regular service and now 9 years with the ACF........

Who else will name and "shame" themselves..........................

:?

Ex-L/Cpl Devizes Platoon, Anzio Coy, Wiltshire Btn...

...left because they couldn't organise a wet t-shirt competition in a monsoon.

...Instead it turns-out the Scout Accociation offer more adventure sports, more discipline, more shooting and it is more highly looked upon by officer recruiting. I am now a skills-instructor and leading international expeditions. Beats a full-screw in the mud in Wiltshire.

...Well, one-sort anyway!

Civ

V

vespa

im also ACF , Im an SI just out of my AIC now waiting for ITC, been in since sept as a CI and on staff since may.
:D

ive named myself but not ashamed ! ya boo :D

im a cdt Sgt in london ACF. iv been in since dec'99 and have enjoyed most of it. started to enjoy it less now im a SNCO because i seem to be doing nothing but adim crap. love the fieldcraft and WISH we could to more ex's with the TA and regs.

vespa said:
im also ACF , Im an SI just out of my AIC now waiting for ITC, been in since sept as a CI and on staff since may.
:D

ive named myself but not ashamed ! ya boo :D
ACF, SI, AIC, ITC, CI ??? Are you in the CIA?

Must be more TLAs in the ACF than thier are in the big boys army :D

T

Tango34

Now i will leave some out, so some1 will have to post the rest....... lol

im also ACF , Im an SI just out of my AIC now waiting for ITC, been in since sept as a CI and on staff since may

ACF - Army Cadet Force

CCF - Combined Cadet Force

CA - Civilain Assistant

PI - Potentail Instructor

SI - Sgt Instructor

WSI - Women Sgt Instructor

SSI - Staff Sgt Instructor

WSI - Women Staff Sgt Instructor

ITC - Initinal Instructors Sourse

ABC1 - Adult Basic Course Part 1 (This is a Rifle, this is how to wear uniform, this is drill etc)

ABC2 - Adult Basic Cousre Part 2 (This is Fieldcraft, this is a Rifle, this is an LSW, etc)

KG6 - Qualifacion course for WO2 / Capt in Fieldcraft, Management, Running a Platoon etc.

NE more u lot can think of....................................

KGIV is not just for WO2/capt. any rank can do a KGIV.

L98 A1 cadet general purpose rifle.

CTT- cadet training team. regs that teach senior cadets and the adult staff.

CTC- cadet training centre

Civilian_In_Green said:
Ex-L/Cpl Devizes Platoon, Anzio Coy, Wiltshire Btn...

...left because they couldn't organise a wet t-shirt competition in a monsoon.

...Instead it turns-out the Scout Accociation offer more adventure sports, more discipline, more shooting and it is more highly looked upon by officer recruiting. I am now a skills-instructor and leading international expeditions. Beats a full-screw in the mud in Wiltshire.

...Well, one-sort anyway!

Civ
Devizes.... Did they hold that at the old Barracks?

V

vespa

to add to the above intials

AIC = adult induction course

ITC = instructors training course

CI = civilian instructor

man in black is suitably qualified to speak on all three sections of the army as he has been in the Regs, TA now in ACF so anything he has to say has some credibility

vespa said:
man in black is suitably qualified to speak on all three sections of the army as he has been in the Regs, TA now in ACF so anything he has to say has some credibility
I am sure maninblack does speak with some credibility,but are you saying if you have not done all 3 then you have no credibility?

I will be carefull what I say as my 24years regular service only,( no TA and ACF and all the other ones LOL), as it may may lack credibility !!!!!!!! 8O

V

vespa

tigger_c/s_30 said:
vespa said:
I am sure maninblack does speak with some credibility,but are you saying if you have not done all 3 then you have no credibility?

I will be carefull what I say as my 24years regular service only,( no TA and ACF and all the other ones LOL), as it may may lack credibility !!!!!!!! 8O
i suppose you have said it :) i wouldn't speak about anything that i don't know about :wink: so ACF bashing can happen due to ignorance of what we do.

i have no Regs or TA experience so i wouldnt comment on operational stuff

vespa said:

Nor should you , but there is a VAST difference between a regular serviceman, (including a TA serviceman with no reg experience)and ACF instructors (with neither) and cadets.

V

vespa

tigger_c/s_30 said:
vespa said:

Nor should you , but there is a VAST difference between a regular serviceman, (including a TA serviceman with no reg experience)and ACF instructors (with neither) and cadets.
by the same token neither should Regs or TA should also opinionate about the ACF unless they have actual experience of ACF
some staff have also been ex forces themselves

vespa said:
by the same token neither should Regs or TA should also opinionate about the ACF unless they have actual experience of ACF
some staff have also been ex forces themselves

Totally disagree, it is far more acceptable for a regular or TA serviceman to quote on what he sees within the ACF, than it is for a ACF instructor with absolutely no military experience trying to tell same that they do not know what they are talking about.

Remember we (in my case used to see)not only see these said ACF instructors in various places, a lot who did not even know how to dress themselves properly, but more importantly, in training establishments had to correct on occasion the triats that were now second nature to some because of bad teaching techniques.

Now that is not to say I do not think the ACF , CCF, OTC and all the rest are not viable and do in general provide a good service, and the youth do benefit to a large degree.

But please do not tell or state that a regular serviceman has no right to comment on the activities of the ACF , indeed critisce if he so chooses because of what he sees.

I ask you this with your own argument , how dare you comment on any other thread on this board other than this ACF one ?

Easy..........................

V

vespa

tigger c/s 30

i did not comment on operational facts, i do have opinions of other matters ie fire strikes, politics, clothing, etc

i DO not comment on operation issues like what to do in combat situations etc

also

Totally disagree, it is far more acceptable for a regular or TA serviceman to quote on what he sees within the ACF, than it is for a ACF instructor with absolutely no military experience trying to tell same that they do not know what they are talking about.
only if he has direct experience NOT by hearsay

also please remember not all instructors are inept in mess and military etiquette some like myself do not want to go around blundering in a mess without knowing the score, if im in a new mess i would speak to the most senior mess member to find out whats what, if my uniform is not correct for some reason, i want to to know so i can fix it.

my aim is to be good at what im ABLE to do given the limitations that i have which does not allow me to serve in the TA or Regs (sh!t hearing), these are the cards life has dealt me i must play with what hand i have.

im not here to confront and start fights, im not off the fruitloop mould, im here to learn and ask questions, to discuss military/social matters maybe learn new training techniques, making new contacts and friends that is whats interests me.

vespa said:
only if he has direct experience NOT by hearsay.[/quote

I think if you re read the quote , the operative phrase in it is "what he sees within the acf"......... so I understand and agree what you say about hearsay, never use it myself.

Anyway bored here now, and I see the MOD is taking an interest, and I heed his "easy" not a big enough or worthwhile enough topic to be getting silenced for, So I am done with this thread.

Ta ta for now .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BuggerAll ACF 1
inkerman7492 ACF 6
Airfix ACF 99