Siggies CRs or whatever they are called

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by greenbaggyskin, Mar 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am not a signaller, but....

When do siggies get their CRs? I ask as I want to advise my son on a short term decision, and timing may be critical.

Any help gratefully welcomed.

2. end of May-ish
  3. What sort of decision?

Perhaps the RCMO or his CoC may be in a better position to advise him, as your knowledge seems to be a bit hazy?

Is this is first annual report?

Why will timing be critical?
  4. Signaller SJARs:

Written as at 31 May
    To R SIGNALS Soldier Wing by 31 July
    Promotion Board in September

That's just for bog-standard annual reports. It may be different if he is posted during the reporting year and he would get a delayed or advanced report instead.
  5. Thanks for the 2 great answers PD (Haven't seen you for a few months) and Peed off IS.

Chocolate Frog, when I said I'm not a signaller I didn't mean not a scalie, just that I haven't had a siggie working for me for a long time and am not one myself. I'm not going to tell you what the decision is, but it has to do with whether or not doing someone a big big favour, this summer, is a good idea or not.

As the answer was the end of May, then his Annaul Report will already be in the bag and he won't be due another one until next year.

Thanks again for the sensible answers.

6. Son?

Christ on a bike, they grow up quickly 8O

BTW, how is the brave new world?
  7. Fantastic thanks! Hows yours?

Summers here, no more weekend duties, ever, and can't understand why i didn't do it earlier.

Still it's never too late to learn from your mistakes is it?

Drop me a line let me know how you're getting on.

8. Check PM's matey.
  9. No! Check yours!
  10. FFS!

Can't you two take it to PM's?