Sig sqn badges.

can anyone help, i'm trying to find out the sig sqn/bde flashs or emblems used by 201, 207 and 212 ( 7, 12 and 22 bde) signal sqn's during the 80's/90's.
all were part of 1 adsr ( charging rhino) i know 7 bde were the desert rats but drawn a blank on the otheres.

cheers for any help.

22 Bde had the followng... now in use by 201 Sg sqn part of 1 (UK) ADSR.

(i;ll find it later) it was the red stags head on a white background, same as in Carr's biscuits, because Brig Carr had been commander and his family made the biscuits.

212 was a lazy H (yellow) on black, no in use by 212 in 1 adsr.

201 and 22 became 207 when 207 and 7 bde shut down in soltau.

22nd Armoured Bde (201)
22armoured_brigade_stag_head.jpg

12 Armd bde (212)
RSigs_1Div_212-2-200.jpg

9433.aspx

not the 'new' 12 Mech Bde
images

Don't know why the lazy h wasn't used for 12 mech.

Nice informative web pages there from 212 & 207... but I bet it was a pissed off YofS (do they still exist..?) an hour before a mess dinner who wrote the blurb for 201!!! Even the geeks amongst us don't know what the hell he said... what chance the public!

=:eek:))

No No No! None of this is right come in again................

I know when I was on one of the two radio relay 439s at 212 Squadron between 1993 and 1996 we used the lazy H on our wagons. We also had the right to wear the blue roll neck norwiegien shirts under our jumpers instead of normal green shirts that set us out to be armoured instead of soft bodies. I remember where we had a new RSM who didn’t like the idea of 212 using the blue roll necks n tried to get us to wear normal shirts like 201 etc but that didn’t last long. I started of in Verden n when that closed down ended up getting posted from 1 Div to 1 Div Herford . Missed Verden a lot. Especially the sit inn and Miros and Zu Palus club down town. Good times.

Latest Threads