Sig - L/Cpl Board

Im sooooooo coming off this year it's a ded cert.

O wait no im not...

Silly me forgetting to tape it and DS watch again this year!!!

Higround said:

O wait no im not...

I don't think you need to "DS Watch" mate. Being good at your job and not being a gobshite is a good start. Or transfer to a decent trade.

PoisonDwarf said:
Higround said:

O wait no im not...

I don't think you need to "DS Watch" mate. Being good at your job and not being a gobshite is a good start. Or transfer to a decent trade.
Huh are you actually in the Signals? Cos I think you'll find you do. Not that I care anymore

Higround said:
PoisonDwarf said:
Higround said:

O wait no im not...

Huh are you actually in the Signals? Cos I think you'll find you do. Not that I care anymore
Oh my god boring!!!!!

Higround said:
PoisonDwarf said:
...I don't think you need to "DS Watch" mate....
Huh are you actually in the Signals? Cos I think you'll find you do.
The thing is, mate, if you're unable to get promoted purely on merit then the chances are that you're probably crap at your job, a liability as a soldier and simply unsuited to being in the Army. Or very very unlucky.

With such a chip on your soldier and a totally ill-deserved sense of being done over by the system you're probably better off becoming a civvy and scrounging off the state. And you might as well sue the Army for discrimination at the same time, you poor dear.

Nob.

PoisonDwarf said:
Higround said:
PoisonDwarf said:
...I don't think you need to "DS Watch" mate....
Huh are you actually in the Signals? Cos I think you'll find you do.
The thing is, mate, if you're unable to get promoted purely on merit then the chances are that you're probably crap at your job, a liability as a soldier and simply unsuited to being in the Army. Or very very unlucky.

With such a chip on your soldier and a totally ill-deserved sense of being done over by the system you're probably better off becoming a civvy and scrounging off the state. And you might as well sue the Army for discrimination at the same time, you poor dear.

Nob.
8O 8O

You're absoultely right. I am crap at my job, a liability as a soldier and unsuited to life in the Army. Thank you for bringing that to my attention its all clear now.

I will let you decide what my next step in life is after I get out. Since how you're so well informed on me.

Don't really fancy scrounging off the state though so can you be a little more inventive please.

Higround said:
You're absoultely right. I am crap at my job, a liability as a soldier and unsuited to life in the Army. Thank you for bringing that to my attention its all clear now.

I will let you decide what my next step in life is after I get out. Since how you're so well informed on me.

Don't really fancy scrounging off the state though so can you be a little more inventive please.
Still seeking that first tape Higround???

Taking cover as I type. Do it the tech way and pick the right cornflake packet from Tescos.

Nah gave up on that a while back now. No longer bitter and twisted just looking forward to the day I get to hand in my green kit . Not going to be one of those guys that does 22 years and gets nowhere may as well try something else while im still young rather than being a 22 year siggy wondering where the fcuk my life went.

5 1/2 years as a siggie is not the end of the world. Get a grip, put yourself forward instead of sweeping the garages and moaning with the rest of them. Organise something, volunteer for something that will get you noticed. People can spot a DS watcher and they will be found out sooner or later. Getting yourself a bit of extra responsibility is not schneking, its showing that you have a bit of drive about you and are willing to put yourself out and get involved.

I really detest people who winge about not being promoted yet have done nothing to set themselves above the others.

If you have been doing the above and have still been passed over then maybe McDonalds is the answer.

speckygeek said:
If you have been doing the above and have still been passed over then maybe McDonalds is the answer.
Winner all round. Employee of the month is an example of how you can be a loser and a winner at the same time.

Higround only been in 5 years and moaning at being a Siggy? I got promoted to LCpl slightly before my 6 year point and got on with the job. Maybe you should try the same.

However...signing off is not a mark of shame. There's some good money in civvy street for a 5 year Siggy.

I was thinking maybe man whoring, its gotta be better than shelf stacking and you meet new and interesting people every day.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Royal Signals 8
QinetiQ Royal Signals 12
grab_a_spoon! Royal Signals 4