Side Pouches

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by SupaSkin, Feb 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I probably gonna get slated for asking such a bone questionbut in my defence im only a cadet. How do you turn a Single plce side pouch and yoke into a day sack without having to attach it to your webbing? Thanks all. :thumleft:
  2. With the sidepouch yoke, you may not have been issued it. Sorry mate cant be arrsed digging one out and finding the nsn
  3. Clip the two top clips in.

Clip the shoulder strap clips into the bottom.

Get the waist belt off the yoke and thread through the back of side pouch.

Adjust and if need be tie off to avoid dangling straps

P.S: If this was a wah i'm gonna hunt you down and burn your lego collection.
  4. Remember alot of cadets only have OG PLCE which means that the sidepouchs have less clips and to do this it involves not doing up the bottom clips from the side pouch to the yoke as you need to clip the straps there.
  5. Yes, but it can still be done so you have one solo pouch on the daysack yoke.

You just thread the chest strap through the bottom pair of 'loops', and the male fastex clips just hang down and dont go anywhere.

What i do is then thread the chest strap loops throught the attachment points on the outer part of the single pouch crossover and up to tthe top set of loops.

Sit down with it and think about it and you will see the solution. Nobody showed me how to do it. I worked it out for myself, because I am clearly very clever :thumright:
  6. I did that too chairborne. I just didn't want supaskin trying to follow instructions that wern't relavant to his kit.
  7. Thanks all i think i've got it now. PS i already have the sidepouch yoke and im working with the newer dpm stuff.