Sick whilst on leave.

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by BRIAN, Apr 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Can anyone help.

    I am currently on POTL and also in between jobs. I have dislocated and broken my shoulder and I have 4 weeks of leave left. I have been to the NHS after returning from France, where the accident happened. They have basically palmed me off till next week.

    Where do I stand in terms of getting some form of treatment through the military system. Should I go to a military medical centre near me.
    If so how do I get their contact details.
  2. MrBane

    MrBane LE Moderator Reviewer Reviews Editor

    Find a barrack with a Med Center, roll on in. It's all under the same system after all. I did it once when I hurt myself fairly badly. No problems at all. Just got driven up to the unit, crawled in to their med cen and was sorted out with x-rays at the local hospital.
    Same goes for medicine or subscriptions.

    As to how to find one, check on the Army net Units page, should be details there I think.
  3. cheers for info.

    Very helpful.
  4. where are you?
  5. You can go to an RN or RAF establishment too, if they are more local.
  6. Up the Kaiber....................... :)
  7. Bastion is the closest med centre I think?