Sick note on a Friday

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by brucewillis, Oct 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If one of your JNCOs turned up on Friday afternoon with a sniffle and a sore throat, then went to the MO (your on a regular camp in this instance) and got signed off for everything apart from breathing and standing up.

When you tell him to go home, he tears up his chit and says he'll be OK.

Do you-

A. Let him stay and work as normal

B. Send him home anyway, he has been issued with the chit for 3 days (the whole weekend)

Or

C. Pummel the little s hits head in until he needs an ambulance.

I like option C, but I am old school and not PC. And the person concerned is a t wat!

2. B or C. A is unwise methinks.

Edited to add: Didnt see the t wat bit. C it is.

3. All of the above and then review the guard roster for the next month.

4. Send him home before the whole lot of you get infected with terminal syphillis

5. Why would the little shyte turn up and then go sick? Was he looking to go on a w/end and basically do fcuk all and then get paid?

6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Aaaannnnnddddd BINGO!

7. Thought so. Send the t!t home, then ensure it's not required on the next 4 available w/ends.

8. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

On a sick chit? Welcome to Dixie-land for 36 hours!

9. Make an example of him. Chain him to the back of a landrover and drag him around all weekend. Only stopping so he can be pissed on by other members of the unit.

10. see this is what puts me off the TA. If a similar thing happened on one of our building sites, he'd get a verbal warning for a) turning up for work when not fit to work, b) blatently wasting the time of senior staff by ripping up his sick note c) lying about his fitness to work and d) if he did decide to stay, probably the hardest days work he'd ever do to make him understand the 'value' of not being a c*ck.

Says something when there's more discipline on a building site than in the army.

11. On the other hand though, there is the odd keen one that doesn't want to get known for not turning up at all for a weekend and cancelling at the last minute because they are 'ill' (or as is generally reguarded, 'something better to do came up at the last minute').

I ruptured a tendon on a course and was given light duties, but it was implied by some that to duck out wouldn't earn points, and there was a degree of personal pride involved (which was perhaps mis-applied but I didn't know any better at the time). How were they to tell who was taking the piss, it was quite obvious how it looked. I later received a ticking off for keeping going.

It's not easy when one is on the bottom end of the food chain and genuinely wants to avoid a label of lazy. But then if he really is a tw@t...

12. Yes!

13. Yes

14. In this case we are dealing with an individual who is not typical of the TA,
    He is in my opinion unbalanced!

Have you joined yet?

15. The MO has given him an order ie go home, end of story.