Sick Leave - JPA

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Meum_Cerebrum_Nocet, Aug 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know what the score is with sick leave and JPA?

Our clerk is away for a couple of weeks and I've been given a last minute slot for an Op at hospital. I'll need 3-5 weeks sick leave after the Op and I can't find any admin instructions anywhere on how to input sick leave info on JPA so it doesn't use up any of my annual leave, charge me for food and accommodation etc etc when I'll be at my home address and not on camp.

I did ask my Med Centre today but nobody there had a clue either.

Any help much appreciated.

2. Funnily enough, this question has just been asked in my unit. The answer was that the Med Centre would sort that out in conjunction with the Admin Office! So, if your Med Centre doesn't know that... you're stuffed!

I am away from the office so can't check, but in worst case, enter it as leave and describe your situation in the comments box. That will stop your food & accommodation in the meantime and tell your boss where you are (no PAYD? You lucky ***). Let the clerks sort it out on your return.

But I am content to be proven wrong!

I hope the operation goes well.

Litotes

3. I've just been there myself not too long ago-last minute slot for an operation as well. Your admin wallahs will be able to input your sick leave for you. Worse case scenario is that it won't get amended until after you come back off sick leave but you will get it so don't fret about it. When you get discharged after your op, you'll be given a chit with the amount of sick leave on it-bring that into the admin guys and they'll change your leave balance to reflect the correct amount.

Don't rely on the med centre for actually knowing what to do (I'm speaking from my own experience of the MPAC at Haslar-absolutely fcuking useless bar the civvie lady who works there...). The guys and girls from all 3 services on the ward couldn't do enough to help though and I'm not knocking them at all. :thumright: