SIB TRF?

#8
Mike_2817 said:
Can someone in the RMP tell me. Do the SIB still have a special TRF when in uniform?
Yes, it is the losenge above, it used to be worn on the rank slide but it should now be moved above the MP flash on the right arm.
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#9
A 'lozenge'? F*cking great name for a badge eh? Sounds like a f*cking Fishermans Friend.....does that bring us back onto Br*s? He was a Fisherman's friend.
 
#12
securit said:
Yes, it is the losenge above, it used to be worn on the rank slide but it should now be moved above the MP flash on the right arm.
Thanks for that, Saw one in Bosnia a few years ago, and was told that a TRF had been approved, and wondered if it was indeed the same badge.
 
#13
Off topic here…

I don’t think a silver SIB badge for Mess dress will get passed the AGC dress committee any time soon (DAG’s Office), however after the creation of the silver CP statues (Commissioned by PM(A) for their 25th Anniversary). PM(A) is now in discussions with Peter Hicks (www.peterhicks.com/) to create a similar piece for SIB. Naturally they are going to produce a solid silver branch with the 19 points.
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#14
FRAG said:
Off topic here…

I don’t think a silver SIB badge for Mess dress will get passed the AGC dress committee any time soon (DAG’s Office), however after the creation of the silver CP statues (Commissioned by PM(A) for their 25th Anniversary). PM(A) is now in discussions with Peter Hicks (www.peterhicks.com/) to create a similar piece for SIB. Naturally they are going to produce a solid silver branch with the 19 points.
Why not a silver statue of a slightly overweight, 'tired an emotional' bloke in a cheap suit?
 
#16
Biscuits_AB said:
Why not a silver statue of a slightly overweight, 'tired an emotional' bloke in a cheap suit?
LMFAO

Nice 1, I'll call and see what they say.
 
#18
Biscuits_AB said:
Darth_Doctrinus said:
Duty_Fed said:
Anyone know if the TRF will be made for Mess kit?
:D

I always thought SIB personnel should have a nifty silver branch made to go on Mess kit - something discreet.
You mean 'bling'? How dare you Sir!
Isn't there already a tie-pin cum lapel badge Branch decoration? Maybe worn under the tie so as not to annoy the GPD crowd?

Mind you, the SIB Branch with the 19 twigs is incorrect anyway. We have traced SIB way back before the Campion 19 came on board 1939'ish
 
#19
OldRedCap said:
Mind you, the SIB Branch with the 19 twigs is incorrect anyway. We have traced SIB way back before the Campion 19 came on board 1939'ish
Well my history is hazy prior to 1939. I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong here, but I believe there were in fact 20 investigators who established the first SIB. The one who isn’t recorded is the driver who brought them all over, this chap was also an investigator.

Or am I way of base here…
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#20
Duty_Fed said:
Biscuits_AB said:
Darth_Doctrinus said:
Duty_Fed said:
Anyone know if the TRF will be made for Mess kit?
:D

I always thought SIB personnel should have a nifty silver branch made to go on Mess kit - something discreet.
You mean 'bling'? How dare you Sir!
As for discreet how about a small skull and bones
Why not go the full hog and turn out 'blinged up' like 'Mr T'. You could slap the nearest GPD Corporal and call him a 'Damm Foo'.

If CO SIB UK put a decent syrup on he could be 'Hannibal' and drive the van (one of those one owner low mileage SOCO 4 wheel drives should do the trick)
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top