SIB retaining body parts

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cpunk, Aug 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

2. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

If it was the SIB you can rest assured the body parts will be penis's and I bet the are monkey teeth marks in all of them
    • Like Like x 11
  3. Pretty gruesome, and the last thing we need to upset families of deceased Soldiers.
  4. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

There was an SIB bloke who used to tout around someone's ******** in a jar in the 80s: a soldier who had offed himself by means of a self-buggery device involving a broomhandle. I imagine this is all in the same spirit of cheery comedy...
  5. Heard that it was just a glass lab slide containing DNA rather than anything that could be classed as parts of a body......ISTBC
  6. Probably for companionship. There's more personality in a petri-dish of bomb-damaged soldier than all of SIB put together.
    • Like Like x 8
  7. According to the article, the majority of samples are slides, but there are also "six major body parts".
  8. I think the BBC are over-hyping this matter. Every news report this morning has screamed 'BODY PARTS' across the airwaves giving the listener to believe that some bloodthirsty Monkey has got a secret tin locker full of arms and legs. Of course, I could be wrong. On further examination, it would appear that someone has got a handful of lab slides. So ****ing what?
  9. The parts have been retained for DNA purposes so they can be matched if further parts are recovered. Basically it involves the guys who have been blown apart.
    • Like Like x 3

10. Seems fair to me and in such circumstances what's the fuss?
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

That is the reality.

It appears to be over hyped by the media (how odd...).
    It seems that they are tissue samples on slides rather than the implied arms and legs......
  12. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I hope this doesn't turn into a scouser style grieffest with the press winding families up.

From the news this morning the SIB have been holding some DNA slides and the John Radcliff in Oxford have some 'major body parts'.

Whilst its concerning that an investigating agency has not correctly followed all procedures it should be remembered that they were initially collected in good faith for very important reasons.

No amount of stirring will bring back the dead nor will it bring any comfort to their loved ones.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. The tale of the REME soldier, the chair, the broomstick and the loss of balance at the critical moment was told to me during Int Corps trade training in 1976 as an example of the weird stuff people do that might have security implications, but the existance of the pickled ringpiece was not mentioned. Personally, I think a monkey who felt the need to keep such a thing would be a greater security concern that a craftsman who had expired during a bout of solitary tromboning.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Civvy hysteria as soldiers all die on ops due to a single gunshot to the heart just like in all the films.