SIB national unit

Afternoon,
Wondering if anyone can help assist me, I’m trying to go through the online army application but it is more painful than I remember.
Im an ex regular , few years in the Int Corps, and left to become a Detective in the Police. Thought about reserves but I already work every other weekend so it was put on hold.
Anyway I was told about the SIB RMP, which looks ideal, and it seemed I fit the bill for what they may be looking for.
Ive started to apply online however I’ve been told I can’t ask to join this unit as it’s not local to me so they won’t sponsor me.
I thought it was a national unit? Am I right in thinking I can apply directly to that rather than having to sign up to a local unit first? I’ve tried to contact SIB directly but every number gets no answer so if anyone has any contacts that would be great.
Any help would be much appreciated , I’ve put this question to assigned recruiter but I'm no clearer.
I did post this in recruitment, but I feel that I may have better luck of getting someone who knows the answer here.
cheers

Shockwave

On ROPS
On ROPs
With regards to getting hold of the correct number it might help to give MOD Directory Enquires a bell . I’ll ping you the number now.

You can then try asking for the RMP RSUSO and I’m sure they can help.

CC_TA

LE
Afternoon,
Wondering if anyone can help assist me, I’m trying to go through the online army application but it is more painful than I remember.
Im an ex regular , few years in the Int Corps, and left to become a Detective in the Police. Thought about reserves but I already work every other weekend so it was put on hold.
Anyway I was told about the SIB RMP, which looks ideal, and it seemed I fit the bill for what they may be looking for.
Ive started to apply online however I’ve been told I can’t ask to join this unit as it’s not local to me so they won’t sponsor me.
I thought it was a national unit? Am I right in thinking I can apply directly to that rather than having to sign up to a local unit first? I’ve tried to contact SIB directly but every number gets no answer so if anyone has any contacts that would be great.
Any help would be much appreciated , I’ve put this question to assigned recruiter but I'm no clearer.
I did post this in recruitment, but I feel that I may have better luck of getting someone who knows the answer here.
cheers
Non monkey related but might be worth a looky: NCA Specials ...if you still require friends in your life. ;-)

NCA Specials?
Now that should really put the sh1ts up the Albanians.

Most of the twats I worked with (regulars and specials) didn't even think organised crime was a thing. Seriously, not a clue. Most of these organisations have spent decades operating in countries with oppresive regimes and now in the UK they snot on the fact that in most cases the most they will get is a talking to over a cup of tea.

Most of the twats I worked with (regulars and specials) didn't even think organised crime was a thing. Seriously, not a clue. Most of these organisations have spent decades operating in countries with oppresive regimes and now in the UK they snot on the fact that in most cases the most they will get is a talking to over a cup of tea.
I had a chat last year whilst on holiday in Denmark when speaking to a uniformed Politi man on foot patrol, and asking to take his photo as it is such a rare thing to see anywhere these days.
We ended up talking for some time and he explained to me that there was no organised crime at all in his town or anywhere nearby.
I did have to point out the two very obvious Turkish* barber shops in a 300 yard long high street with no obvious customers, and I think he may have then gone off and done a bit of research of his own.

(Well I like to think so anyway.)

PKK and Dev Sol were around in the UK and Fatherland over 40 years ago putting the arm on kebab vans and "sports clubs" and anyone else that was a fellow countryman with a business or a bit of dosh.

*(Other international organised crime networks from abroad are also equally engaged in such activities away from their own home countries bringing their own personal brand of often misunderstood, yet enriching, diverse and vibrant cultures to their host nations.)

I had a chat last year whilst on holiday in Denmark when speaking to a uniformed Politi man on foot patrol, and asking to take his photo as it is such a rare thing to see anywhere these days.
We ended up talking for some time and he explained to me that there was no organised crime at all in his town or anywhere nearby.
I did have to point out the two very obvious Turkish* barber shops in a 300 yard long high street with no obvious customers, and I think he may have then gone off and done a bit of research of his own.

(Well I like to think so anyway.)

PKK and Dev Sol were around in the UK and Fatherland over 40 years ago putting the arm on kebab vans and "sports clubs" and anyone else that was a fellow countryman with a business or a bit of dosh.

*(Other international organised crime networks from abroad are also equally engaged in such activities away from their own home countries bringing their own personal brand of often misunderstood, yet enriching, diverse and vibrant cultures to their host nations.)

I have seen triads at work in the UK, and knew about PKK involvement in various things in the UK and Germany. I have also heard of Colombian cartels plying their trade in the UK, along with Albanians, and others taken in after the problems in the former Yugoslavia.

Your average uniform, even many of the seniors just cannot seem to get their heads around the fact that OC exists and thrives under their noses.

You have time for that with your caseload?

Every 'tec I knew either walked out or cracked up through long hours and too few days that were not cancelled by the duties office.

Latest Threads