SIB IN uniform

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by fdj12, Dec 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been down to Capn Jaspers on the Barbican in Plymouth and saw what i believed to be a member of my old Corps in uniform..............
    ]
    Well to say he looked a lump is an understatement, but each to their own.
    ] He was dressed in combats and on his right sleeve was an mp sign with a red circular SIB sign above the MP sign.
    ]He was wearing a red staple belt which looked really out of place, I cannot recall, well in my days anyway, left 1988 wearing a stable belt in combats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. S-T-A-B-L-E ffs!

Apart from that was this fella wearing his stable belt over his combat jacket or through the belt loops of his trousers?

3. Who cares?

4. I'm surprised you saw a member of the SIB in uniform - rarer than hen's teeth! Maybe it was Mufti day!

5. Through the loops, in shirt sleeve order

6. Fancy dress?

7. SIB Walt?

8. Maybe a Charity "Wear Your Uniform For A Day" stunt.

9. You're assuming members of the SIB actually have green DPM - most are wearing desert atm!

My vote goes on fancy dress.

10. If he looked smart it was fancy dress if he was a mess he was maintaining standards.

11. Thought SIB uniform was a cheap shiny suit?

12. I missed the obvious in the first post. If he was not wearing a beret then most likely was SIB.

13. Was he also wearing a selection of 37 or so medals spanning from the Boar (yes Baor not BAOR) War through to today awarded from various different countries and including a number of prestigious valour awards? If so then he may have been a walt.

Can we have a walt outing thread on this man? We have not had a walt thread on here for ages now!

14. Sod the SIB - but the memories of Cap'n Jaspers.
    The evocative smell of the docks?
    The lovely selection of grub
    The Barbican (especially on a bank holiday)
    and
    the effin HUGE dive bombing seagulls that you had to fight off to keep your bloody chips to yourself!!!!!