Shut up, Alexa!

On the tin foil thing... I just asked Alexa if 'she' works for or with GCHQ... she claimed not to know the answer so we must assume the worst.

Ooh, hang on a mo, a couple of gentlemen in ray bans and long black leather coats are walking down my drive, I'll just answer the door. Back soon.

Bit of an anecdote, whilst listening to the national broadcaster (ABC) on a topic of technology there came up amongst the presenters, 3 (2 M, 1 F), the new Google box thingy which sounds like this Alexa thingy.

Anyways, there was much laughing and giggling about saying the innocuous words regarding a well known, and loved ABC caricatures - Bananas in Pyjamas:

Bananas in Pyjamas (TV Series 2011– ) - IMDb

It appears that the mentioning of Bananas in Pyjamas comes out in Google box thingy as: “Banana’s in vagina’s.”

Last edited:
To all the above posts on obtaining these electronic gadgets I ask, why?, has your life style sunk to a sufficient degree that you think your future and happiness will be enhanced. How did you ever exist without them!!
Mine was a gift from someone who has an Echo Dot and thinks it is great (he gave me the money so technically I didn’t buy it). I did ask her the temperature this morning and I have asked her a few questions about translating words but she doesn’t fecking listen properly and last night I had to raise my voice to her and that made one of the dogs scuttle off upstairs thinking that I was cross!!! :D

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
OK, so do tell, and as for your last question, no. we cook on a halogen hob, in a fully triple glazed 4 bed detached house, in a semi rural part of Middle England, and as a retired foreman electrician, the family home has all the labour saving devices, lights, security and power sockets that are required. What I do not understand is, the mantra of modern man" Its on sale so we must buy it" weather you need it or not.
I do believe the others have covered it nicely.

Mine was a gift from someone who has an Echo Dot and thinks it is great (he gave me the money so technically I didn’t buy it). I did ask her the temperature this morning and I have asked her a few questions about translating words but she doesn’t fecking listen properly and last night I had to raise my voice to her and that made one of the dogs scuttle off upstairs thinking that I was cross!!! :D
You can voice train Alexa via the app but largely 'she' understands Her Majesty's spoken English very well. I don't suppose it matters that much if 'she' doesn't bother listening to Johnny Foreigner, what...

I've said my piece, I will let you lot argue the toss between you, you can all shout until you are blue in the face, that fact remains, as far as I am concerned, its a bit of kit that I can quite happy live without, all stations this is nine eight alpha, out.
That is fucking cringeworthy.

Tell me again about your time with 264 Sig Sqn?

Never with 264, 1st armd div sigs, 22 sigs. 10 sigs. 264 sigs was my reserve call up.
Edit:- 98A was my call sign at BFPO 555.
So a fucking shiny arse scaley....

Royal Signals pax your VP is shite. Stick to fixing the radios or your normal job of being weak bummers.
Don't tar us all with the same brush.

In any case, VP is for those weak minded individuals who did not master telegraphy, either with the key or RATT.

NNNN :)

So a ******* shiny arse scaley....
No laddie, never a shiny arse, I worked for my corn, a ED, out all hours, free running, on permanent call, On crusader 80 I had the use of a septic 4 seater helicopter, care of my OC who I drove about on exercises, in the winter months I was a PRI at EX snow queen, unlike other elements of Signals, I made dam sure I got the most out of my service, so 4 tours of Norway, two in summer, two in winter, I tour in Sardinia, attached with 2 other lads to 216 para sigs, many other bimbles with many other units, formations, OH yes, a stint at the British embassy in paris in 74, and a week at Porton Down, MBRE, on reflection, bad decision. At 10 sigs, RRIT for 3 years, flood control, and queens dutys, on occasions SDS duties, many other duties all enjoyable, all different.

Last edited:
Your chat up lines stink.

I have Siri on my iPhone and it occasionally p1sses me off by getting in the way and asking me to ask it things, when all I want the phone to do is to bring up google.

On one occasion, the (male) voice asked me to ask it something and I replied, Oh Fuck off to which the Siri voice responded: "Was it something I said?"
Siri, should I cut the red wire or the blue wire?

No laddie, never a shiny arse, I worked for my corn, a ED, out all hours, free running, on permanent call, On crusader 80 I had the use of a septic 4 seater helicopter, care of my OC who I drove about on exercises, in the winter months I was a PRI at EX snow queen, unlike other elements of Signals, I made dam sure I got the most out of my service, so 4 tours of Norway, two in summer, two in winter, I tour in Sardinia, attached with 2 other lads to 216 para sigs, many other bimbles with many other units, formations, OH yes, a stint at the British embassy in paris in 74, and a week at Porton Down, MBRE, on reflection, bad decision. At 10 sigs, RRIT for 3 years, flood control, and queens dutys, on occasions SDS duties, many other duties all enjoyable, all different. What can you say you done to justify your existence?
Me personally, 25 years military service, drenched in slipstream.

You gopping hat.

No laddie, never a shiny arse, I worked for my corn, a ED, out all hours, free running, on permanent call, On crusader 80 I had the use of a septic 4 seater helicopter, care of my OC who I drove about on exercises, in the winter months I was a PRI at EX snow queen, unlike other elements of Signals, I made dam sure I got the most out of my service, so 4 tours of Norway, two in summer, two in winter, I tour in Sardinia, attached with 2 other lads to 216 para sigs, many other bimbles with many other units, formations, OH yes, a stint at the British embassy in paris in 74, and a week at Porton Down, MBRE, on reflection, bad decision. At 10 sigs, RRIT for 3 years, flood control, and queens dutys, on occasions SDS duties, many other duties all enjoyable, all different. What can you say you done to justify your existence?
Yeah yeah , still a fucking shiny arse...Me I was a buck fuck Sapper, did nothing except take the Queens shilling for 12 years.

1 Armd Div Sigs, you say? I remember them. The J button tells me I've remembered them three times on Arrse so far. So to save me typing...

US Armed Forces vs UK Armed Forces
Were you there when a one pip wonder called N*** D****** decided he was the dogs, and proceeded to lord it over the OR's in 2 Sqn, I unfortunately had several run ins with this specimen, resulting in him getting a mouthful of canoe paddle in Norway. back in BFPO 32 I was taping the boards, but he got removed from the corps, I heard he went RAPC, logical really, he was a very good mathematician, uni graduate. I walked away intact.

Were you there when a one pip wonder called N*** D****** decided he was the dogs, and proceeded to lord it over the OR's in 2 Sqn, I unfortunately had several run ins with this specimen, resulting in him getting a mouthful of canoe paddle in Norway. back in BFPO 32 I was taping the boards, but he got removed from the corps, I heard he went RAPC, logical really, he was a very good mathematician, uni graduate. I walked away intact.
N*** ended up taking his own life due to some cunt messing up his career in the RSIGS.