Shut up, Alexa!

UnhappyNomad
You know I've been asked to stop upsetting you, so under the powers vested in me, as outlined above...

Toadblerone

War Hero
Just for shits and giggles, here you'll find all the 'keywords' that 'they' are looking for.....

The List Of Carnivore And Eschelon Keywords

So if you want to wind up GCHQ, Echelon and the NSA etc, off you go!
especially if you're Bugs Bunny playing lacrosse with a football (admiitedly this is either whimsical behaviour from a fun-loving scamp or suspicious).
Three words did, hem-hem 'pop out':
"W**K, Colonel, domestic disruption"
The word is not 'work'...

Just for shits and giggles, here you'll find all the 'keywords' that 'they' are looking for.....

B*gger me. I do EOD work for an NGO. Half of these words are in my emails every day :(

...including 'Bob'...

They've clearly got my number. Feck knows why I'm not in an orange jumpsuit already...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fcuk me that list made my eyes explode and my brain hurt
You said 'explode'... probably on the list so expect to be carted orf to the gulag in the dead of night for a little water-boarding er, chat

Oh.. fuck it, I said 'explode' too. See you tonight. Damn.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
echelon

silly sausages

I think I’ll cut and paste that into my sig block...

Back on thread, I’ve just read about a guy who lives in a flat which is kept warm by the heating in the flat below. Seems his neighbour spends the winter in sunny climes so he has to go downstairs and shout to Alexa through the letterbox to turn on the heating.

I’d like to believe it’s true...

I think I’ll cut and paste that into my sig block...

Back on thread, I’ve just read about a guy who lives in a flat which is kept warm by the heating in the flat below. Seems his neighbour spends the winter in sunny climes so he has to go downstairs and shout to Alexa through the letterbox to turn on the heating.

I’d like to believe it’s true...
How high would the heating in the flat below have been to be set to make a noticeable difference to the flat above? You'd imagine the command to Alexa would be "Alexa, set thermostat to Inferno degrees"

I tried it but Alexa simply responded with "Fcuk off twat".

Has Alexa ever said something unbidden? Happened to me yesterday, in house on my own, deathly silence, I'm concentrating on some reference book when Alexa suddenly boomed out something or other, totally unexpected, to say i nearly shat myself is almost an understatement, feckin heart rate went off the scale.
Silly cow.
A bit like the wife then.

How high would the heating in the flat below have been to be set to make a noticeable difference to the flat above?
Depends entirely on the insulation between the floors. modern regs seem to demand a fair bit largely to cut down noise, but in older property, say a converted Victorian house, I suspect not much.

How high would the heating in the flat below have been to be set to make a noticeable difference to the flat above? You'd imagine the command to Alexa would be "Alexa, set thermostat to Inferno degrees"

I tried it but Alexa simply responded with "Fcuk off twat".
Gound temp in the UK is around 8-12°c down to 2m deep, compared to 3m of air @ 20°c in the flat below. Even better if you have one above and one either side.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Gound temp in the UK is around 8-12°c down to 2m deep, compared to 3m of air @ 20°c in the flat below. Even better if you have one above and one either side.
I had a ground floor flat in a block in quarters in Paderborn, and a ground floor maisonette in a terrace in Osnabrück. In both cases I ran my heating very low, but remained toasty in West German winters because the boiler was in the cellar and everybody else had heating on full chat.

Cheers easy. Thanks for the Fuel & Light rebates.

Oddly, 'terrorist', 'IED' and 'Kalashnikov' are all missing.

Thankfully, for this membership demographic at least, so is 'SLR'. And what the fück is 'amfo'? Did they find a way of making it go 'boom'* without the nitrate bit?

*Nope, not there either.

Latest Threads