Shut up about Blandford

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Smoking_Sigs, Mar 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought this was surposed to be a Rumour service not an place to air every little whinge .. and what do most of you know anyway.

Most of the crying seems to be by sprogs that have never actually been out to a field unit yet so SHUT UP. welcome to the real world. mother is still not there to hold your hand and the troop cadre are not paying as much attention to you as they did in basic - space for you to grow up and look after yourself now.

And as for the upgraders - you can SHUT UP aswell - 90% of you have only been to 1 working unit!! OOOh and some of the more seasoned might have been to 2 !!! So you still know S**T. Welcome to the real world . No we are not living in the middle of a city with everything on our doorsteps . No mummy is not bringing everything you need out of that magical car after being away shopping!

For all your complaining this is a training regiment and its falling apart thanks to you lot! The cadre and staff are trying to install some discipline into the sprogs . This is not working if the upgraders are crying just as much/if not more than the sprogs themselves. Then you have the cheek to complain about their attitude when they get to the first working unit -- they have learnt it from YOU so STOP !!!!

Start spreading Rumours and stop CRYING!!

2. No, no.. please dont stop!! Blandford

The rest of the Army are just grabbing the popcorn, but theyve asked me to pass on their thanks for what has become a most interesting read. A tad like Coronation Street (but with more whinging bints) a bit like Eastenders(but with fewer street traders)

I hear the RE were ging to start their own weekly series, called 'Minley' and RLC were looking at entertaining us with 'Deepcut', but found Blandford a hard act to follow..

:wink:

3. daz

daz LE

I've heard a cracking rumor about the Tech upgraders :wink:

It's said that they aren't a bunch of wingers, but are in fact top blokes, who as it turns out are fun to be with, and they are irresistible to the opposite sex due the fact they are all hung like donkeys and have sparkling personality's.

But then again, thats just a rumor and i don't believe a bloody word of it :twisted: :twisted: :p :p :p

Daz

4. I love the fact that the majority of blandford threads are now dead yet people still feel the need to bring it back up and whinge about people whinging. I reckon if you go back and look there are more posts from people complaining about the moaning than the actual moaning itself. If your sick of it let it die, dont start another bloody thread about it. The majority of the whingers have had their moan, got bored and gone home, the ones who are still here are getting put back in their box fairly quickly. Seems like the problem here aint tech upgraders but bitter people like Smoking_sigs who cant see past the anti tech attitude that gets installed in them by the bitter people before you. If you have so much of a problem about techs why didnt you become one so you can change it. We'll never go away i know it's hard to believe but the corps needs us the same way it needs every other trade, we aint just a group of people having a free ride. And as for sprogs crying let em, they're getting shot down fairly quicky and learning the hard way. Seems like arrse is the only place where this happens now.

Let this subject die now. Or even better start a thread whinging about people whinging about blandford.

5. Well I dunno. I slag techs off in real life. Its good fun

6. 2nd that. Mybe we start a whinge about the whinging about the whingers thread?

7. Bull140, yes I concur! Techs will not go away in the foreseeable future and I have said many times before that the anti tech thing is a condition that unfortunately is untreatable. The unclean amongst the Corps who spend their time slagging off techs have had it drummed into there tiny minds since the day they turned up at basic with an imagination and level of intelligence comparible to a nats testicle. Now......what to say to the whinging about techs.....get over it......one day you may find that it is a tech who does you a favour, or is a mate or even god forbid, in charge of you. So what you gonna do about it? Nothing is the answer, you can moan all you want about techs, but really.....what the fcuk can you do about it. So the best thing to do is just to stop moaning and save your oxygen trying to understand why techs have a bad name. Try and educate the sprog techs, try and teach them something (without violence), and try and get a new breed of techs that are a bit more in phase with yourselves. Techs and operators work together a hell of a lot so instead of fighting against them and making them feel like crap, why not do the Corps a favour and help them.
    Admittedly some are beyond help. I doubt that these will last that long in the Army. But not all techs are knobs. Infact I would say that 95% of them are decent people who sometimes need a bit of guidance.
    If they are not proactive when they turn up at your unit, then use your position of experience to guide them.
    I have replied on a thread before saying the same thing, but like most people who whinge incessantly, they dont bother reading other posts.
    Can we not just give this a go. maybe more threads about techs that you have worked with being decent will help the general situation.

Sorry about going on but its time the tech baiting stopped.

8. Bull140, yes I concur! Techs will not go away in the foreseeable future and I have said many times before that the anti tech thing is a condition that unfortunately is untreatable. The unclean amongst the Corps who spend their time slagging off techs have had it drummed into there tiny minds since the day they turned up at basic with an imagination and level of intelligence comparible to a nats testicle. Now......what to say to the whinging about techs.....get over it......one day you may find that it is a tech who does you a favour, or is a mate or even god forbid, in charge of you. So what you gonna do about it? Nothing is the answer, you can moan all you want about techs, but really.....what the fcuk can you do about it. So the best thing to do is just to stop moaning and save your oxygen trying to understand why techs have a bad name. Try and educate the sprog techs, try and teach them something (without violence), and try and get a new breed of techs that are a bit more in phase with yourselves. Techs and operators work together a hell of a lot so instead of fighting against them and making them feel like crap, why not do the Corps a favour and help them.
    Admittedly some are beyond help. I doubt that these will last that long in the Army. But not all techs are knobs. Infact I would say that 95% of them are decent people who sometimes need a bit of guidance.
    If they are not proactive when they turn up at your unit, then use your position of experience to guide them.
    I have replied on a thread before saying the same thing, but like most people who whinge incessantly, they dont bother reading other posts.
    Can we not just give this a go. maybe more threads about techs that you have worked with being decent will help the general situation.

Sorry about going on but its time the tech baiting stopped.

9. Heard u the first time Beerkeg.

Anyway the tech operator banter is good fun, As long as it remains banter. Its part of the corps and is harmless fun. Just make sure the sprog operators know this when they tip up at my workshop with the blandford anti tech attitude only to be introduced to the joys of flying red hot solder.

10. My comments were not directed at any trade inparticular.....

I am a tech myself!!

I just want to hear more rumours and less whinging about petty stuff.

What happened about the roumour of blandford moving eg eg

11. Your comment was a whinge complaining about people using arrse to whinge. If that makes any sense to anyone raise your hand.

12. More of a request .. I can't force you to talk or not talk about anything inparticular.

13. But by doing it you're doing exactly what your complaining about. And i'm doing exaclty what i'm complaining about, whinging about people whinging about people whinging about people whinging about people whinging about people whinging about people whinging.

Oh no i've gone cross eyed. Feck this who's coming to the pub?

14. daz

daz LE

Why, you buying ????? :lol: :lol:

Daz

15. Aye half a shandy for you isnt it daz.