"Shut the City Down" Protest - Um, no :)

It's his right hook.

That's why he was such a deadly boxer

So we’re back to the tried and tested SOP for all the previous Bugsy-bashing threads. I call it “Bugsy’s dog-whistle strategy”. It works in that I chip in a post or two on the thread and then all the psychotic ARRSE crazies pile in, desperately attempting to be as insulting and abusive as possible, serving up whatever comes to hand mentally and appears to do the trick. However, it’s all old hat, sometimes ten or more years old and has already been posted, quite literally, hundreds and hundreds of times before. When things then die down a little, I show up again and the whole ridiculous circus re-starts.

What many fail to immediately recognise is that it’s also a highly interesting study in sociology. It’s a prime example of how so-called “normal” folks react when they believe themselves free of the typical (and often unwritten) social constraints. They’re on the internet doing their level best to administer as much damage as they can to an anonymous individual on an anonymous website. There’s no-one to stop (or clearly identify) them, so they derangedly bluster on like a frenzied mob of self-righteous “citizens” at a public lynching. The very thin sheen of “civilisation” disappears.

The interesting thing about all of those contributing is that, to a man, they’d all describe themselves as mature, reasonable and sensible, even “pillars of the community", but when they’re anonymous and let off the leash, they exhibit completely different behaviour and document just how mean-minded, spiteful and malicious their inner thoughts are when confronted with someone they’ve arbitrarily decided to vent their impotent fury on. The question as to whether they employ the same drastic tactics in their everyday life will probably remain unanswered, but there’s certainly plenty of room for speculation there. In the meantime, the practice has become a well-known phenomenon on the internet and goes by the name of “mobbing”. And as is evident on ARRSE, even ex, serving and wannabe squaddies can easily fall prey to it.

I admit that I have a very hard time taking such folks seriously, although some of their frantic posts are worth a good chuckle and provide a lot of (involuntary) entertainment. Anyway, playmates, off we go with “Bugsy’s dog-whistle strategy”. Have fun!

MsG
Yawner, dude...
1nfg.gif

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
It's time for me to appear again on the thread (at page 24) and thank all the reliable stalwarts for their contributions. Well done, there!

I'm really looking forward to the next, at least, 200 pages. it should be real fun!

Oh, by the way, spackerman, at the moment I'm watching a very interesting episode of "Polizeiruf 110" here: Wendemanöver (1)
Oh, I forgot! The ARRSE classification FTT (Far Too Thick) also prevented you from learning a single word of the German language, even though (according to your own posts) you've spent far more than half your life in the country. How, exactly can that happen? How can some person, regardless of the level of intelligence, spend decades in a foreign country and prove singularly incapable of learning even one word of the language?

The far more intriguing question is: why do so many ARRSErs feel so intellectually inadequate that they have to mindlessly attack anyone they suspect of being "superior"?

MsG

Clearly at odds with 99 percent, Dorky_Shit? 99 percent? Do you realise how many thousands of ARRSErs there are?

So if I'm on, as it were, a "war footing" with around a dozen of them (or to be more exact they're on a war footing with me), that counts as "99 percent", does it? I certainly hope you're not responsible for the calculations in your alleged engineering company, mush. :-D :-D :-D

MsG
Not a "war footing" at all.
We just know you're a fibbing fuckwit & make a point of reminding you of this every time you spout more fantastical lies & drivel.

You're a zero, Bugsy, a true half of fuckall, minus a bit.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
It's time for me to appear again on the thread (at page 24) and thank all the reliable stalwarts for their contributions. Well done, there!

I'm really looking forward to the next, at least, 200 pages. it should be real fun!

Oh, by the way, spackerman, at the moment I'm watching a very interesting episode of "Polizeiruf 110" here: Wendemanöver (1)
Oh, I forgot! The ARRSE classification FTT (Far Too Thick) also prevented you from learning a single word of the German language, even though (according to your own posts) you've spent far more than half your life in the country. How, exactly can that happen? How can some person, regardless of the level of intelligence, spend decades in a foreign country and prove singularly incapable of learning even one word of the language?

The far more intriguing question is: why do so many ARRSErs feel so intellectually inadequate that they have to mindlessly attack anyone they suspect of being "superior"?

MsG
Christ al fkin mighty, do you ever shut the fùck up?

Oh, I forgot! The ARRSE classification FTT (Far Too Thick) also prevented you from learning a single word of the German language, even though (according to your own posts)

MsG
Who actually gives the remotest care what you are watching?

Bigging yourself up that you can speak German yet again. I repeat who actually cares?

MsG
Because, as I pointed out, your posts are often boastful and 'superior', despite being of questionable veracity. If we took your tales at face value, you'd be quite the guy. As it is, it's natural for people to want to drop you a few pegs.

You are right, though, people do openly mock you, where as they might not in real life.

But why is that worse? I grew up in a pub where there was a guy like you who was allowed to spout his bull to the amusement of everyone. He never realised he was being mocked, and his fibs just got larger. At least people cap your absurd boasts as they come, which, unfortunately, appear almost exclusively in the intelligence cell and and CA.

Arrse is a natural flypaper for wannabees like you; mocking you is a form of self-maintenace that stops the site descending into farce. While you like to think you're special, you're not. See the rough handling of walts like John G and MacRaven, amongst many others. People don't like liars, you are a liar, so people ridicule you.

It wouldn't be so bad, but you always come back off another ban with another pant Hiroshima without applying cause and effect. You mention Pavlov, but even his dog modified its behaviour to generate favourable results.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Who actually gives the remotest care what you are watching?

Bigging yourself up that you can speak German yet again. I repeat who actually cares?
Who cares? Why you do and big time, Dorky_Shit! You care! Anything I can do that you can't do is automatically open to doubt because you simply can't stand the thought that someone might be "superior" to you. I'm a professional translator, fluent in four languages; you're (allegedly) a hot-shot engineer running an, allegedly, world-class company. But you deign to spend untold hours on the internet gathering facts that you hope to use against me. Just what's wrong with you, kiddo?

Let's face it, bollock-brain, your "real" problems started with me about two years or more ago. Before that, you'd sussed that it was "OK" to attack Bugsy because quite a few were doing it. Then you posted that you'd be in Nottingham then and then and that we could meet up for a coffee. When I responded that I had no intention whatsoever of wasting my time by getting together with a worthless gobshite like you, you vowed revenge! I had done it! I'd summarily "dissed" you when you consider yourself worthy of every "rispeck". Even though you've repeatedly subscribed to the notion that "rispeck" has to be earned. Obviously not in your case, eh?

After that, you took every available opportunity to disagree with my points, to point out ostensible "weaknesses" in my arguments and to generally harass me across the boards, no matter how facile you came across. However (and to name just one case), when an ARRSEr enquired on the board about recommendations for "umbrella companies", I (in a spate of humour) responded with a link to the "Knirps" company, that's been reliably producing actual rain-stopping umbrellas for a 100 years or more and is a really number in Germany. You almost immediately replied that the company (that is, Knirps) was under investigation for "financial irregularities" by the corresponding UK authority. When you made aware of your "faux pas" by other members of ARRSE, your immediate response was a typical and totally eloquent: "Cock!" That actually made my day, kiddo!

Shall I go on about sheep's teeth? :smile: :smile: :smile:

It's quite clear that you'd do anything to make me appear "smaller" than you, Dorky_Shit, because it's so important to you to be "number one". Personally, I have difficulty in encompassing your extreme mindset, since it's something entirely foreign to me. But I've spent enough time with cracked-up, fanatically self-important fanatics like you to know how to deal with them. The best thing is to make 'em look like the sad and pathetically needy cünts they actually are!

MsG

Rehash of same old drivel.

Tell us the one about your 10.4 second 100m.

Actually, I didn't bother to read it.

Sorry Drugsy.

Old-Salt
Who cares? Why you do and big time, Dorky_Shit! You care! Anything I can do that you can't do is automatically open to doubt because you simply can't stand the thought that someone might be "superior" to you. I'm a professional translator, fluent in four languages; you're (allegedly) a hot-shot engineer running an, allegedly, world-class company. But you deign to spend untold hours on the internet gathering facts that you hope to use against me. Just what's wrong with you, kiddo?

Let's face it, bollock-brain, your "real" problems started with me about two years or more ago. Before that, you'd sussed that it was "OK" to attack Bugsy because quite a few were doing it. Then you posted that you'd be in Nottingham then and then and that we could meet up for a coffee. When I responded that I had no intention whatsoever of wasting my time by getting together with a worthless gobshite like you, you vowed revenge! I had done it! I'd summarily "dissed" you when you consider yourself worthy of every "rispeck". Even though you've repeatedly subscribed to the notion that "rispeck" has to be earned. Obviously not in your case, eh?

After that, you took every available opportunity to disagree with my points, to point out ostensible "weaknesses" in my arguments and to generally harass me across the boards, no matter how facile you came across. However (and to name just one case), when an ARRSEr enquired on the board about recommendations for "umbrella companies", I (in a spate of humour) responded with a link to the "Knirps" company, that's been reliably producing actual rain-stopping umbrellas for a 100 years or more and is a really number in Germany. You almost immediately replied that the company (that is, Knirps) was under investigation for "financial irregularities" by the corresponding UK authority. When you made aware of your "faux pas" by other members of ARRSE, your immediate response was a typical and totally eloquent: "Cock!" That actually made my day, kiddo!

Shall I go on about sheep's teeth? :smile: :smile: :smile:

It's quite clear that you'd do anything to make me appear "smaller" than you, Dorky_Shit, because it's so important to you to be "number one". Personally, I have difficulty in encompassing your extreme mindset, since it's something entirely foreign to me. But I've spent enough time with cracked-up, fanatically self-important fanatics like you to know how to deal with them. The best thing is to make 'em look like the sad and pathetically needy cünts they actually are!

MsG
Wow... a salutary lesson in showing how not bothered you are.

The Bugsy Bingo card is filling up at a rate of knots now too. What happens when "house" is called?

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Because, as I pointed out, your posts are often boastful and 'superior', despite being of questionable veracity. If we took your tales at face value, you'd be quite the guy. As it is, it's natural for people to want to drop you a few pegs.
You are right, though, people do openly mock you, where as they might not in real life.

But why is that worse? I grew up in a pub where there was a guy like you who was allowed to spout his bull to the amusement of everyone. He never realised he was being mocked, and his fibs just got larger. At least people cap your absurd boasts as they come, which, unfortunately, appear almost exclusively in the intelligence cell and and CA.
Arrse is a natural flypaper for wannabees like you; mocking you is a form of self-maintenace that stops the site descending into farce. While you like to think you're special, you're not. See the rough handling of walts like John G and MacRaven, amongst many others. People don't like liars, you are a liar, so people ridicule you.

It wouldn't be so bad, but you always come back off another ban with another pant Hiroshima without applying cause and effect. You mention Pavlov, but even his dog modified its behaviour to generate favourable results.
That’s interesting (and sensible) there, AdminVortex. And quite in-line with the sociology study that I mentioned in a previous post. You state that my posts are often “boastful” and “superior” without mentioning any quantifiable “evidence” for your postulation and without mentioning that I just post and the “recipient/reader” makes the corresponding judgement. Because you failed to provide any evidence of my “boastful and superior” posting, I conclude that you are also of that opinion. The question is why?

It would appear that even if I don’t consciously pitch my posts as “boastful” or “superior” (which I actually don’t), I’ve no influence at all over how any particular individual perceives what I write. And you, AdminVortex, seem to be one of those who give me far more weight than I actually deserve in that you automatically assume that I “must” be (allegedly) “superior” to you. Do we agree so far?

This is a question of self-awareness and my experience on ARRSE so far does not bode well to furthering that principle. I thought that you might be someone who’s a tad more aware, but I doubt it.

Let me come back to something you mentioned in your initial paragraph: “… it's natural for people to want to drop you a few pegs.” Now, just why do you think that would be, fella? What possible interest could other ARRSErs have in “dropping me a few pegs”? Just a question.

MsG

That’s interesting (and sensible) there, AdminVortex. And quite in-line with the sociology study that I mentioned in a previous post. You state that my posts are often “boastful” and “superior” without mentioning any quantifiable “evidence” for your postulation and without mentioning that I just post and the “recipient/reader” makes the corresponding judgement. Because you failed to provide any evidence of my “boastful and superior” posting, I conclude that you are also of that opinion. The question is why?

It would appear that even if I don’t consciously pitch my posts as “boastful” or “superior” (which I actually don’t), I’ve no influence at all over how any particular individual perceives what I write. And you, AdminVortex, seem to be one of those who give me far more weight than I actually deserve in that you automatically assume that I “must” be (allegedly) “superior” to you. Do we agree so far?

This is a question of self-awareness and my experience on ARRSE so far does not bode well to furthering that principle. I thought that you might be someone who’s a tad more aware, but I doubt it.

Let me come back to something you mentioned in your initial paragraph: “… it's natural for people to want to drop you a few pegs.” Now, just why do you think that would be, fella? What possible interest could other ARRSErs have in “dropping me a few pegs”? Just a question.

MsG
Could you please post us an essay the next time you want to show us unbothered you are?

Nearly enough random wibbling to fill the academic book / thesis / pamphlet that was never published / he never actually wrote / was published in GDR but has no ISBN number.

That was posted not only on arrse but another website where he explained in detail to all and sundry about his magnum opus hysterical historical work [of fiction]

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Nearly enough random wibbling to fill the academic book / thesis / pamphlet that was never published / he never actually wrote / was published in GDR but has no ISBN number.

That was posted not only on arrse but another website where he explained in detail to all and sundry about his magnum opus hysterical historical work [of fiction]
Oh my, oh my, Dorky_Shit! You've been at it fanatically for over four years now, but you've never actually been able to overcome the feeling that I might just be "superior" to you, have you? If that had been the case, then you'd have sacked it yonks ago.

Have you ever thought of actually becoming a proper, mature adult, mush? Just asking, like. :smile: :smile: :smile:

MsG

Latest Threads