Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shut down the Guardian!

Every once in a while, just to restore my own personal karma, I read a few articles from the online version of the Times of India. The cricket reports are particularly good. It would appear that the end of the British Empire has completely passed them by, as has any semblance of "modern" english.

A proper tonic. Try it.
I have encountered it before. Good reminder thanks. There are two versions, US and India, both in English.
News - Latest News, Breaking News, Bollywood, Sports, Business and Political News | Times of India
News: US News, Top News in India, US election news, Business news, Sports & International News | Times of India
I like reading news from different countries and regions. It's good for perspective and way beyond the usual handful of headline topics, though commonalities occur due to articles by international news agencies.

The Guardian is propped up by the BBC buying both copies and space in their jobs section. End that and the Guardian is toast.

This is the most damning thing about them in my mind - they are all that class of people who will tell you what to do but never follow the rules themselves, same as the BBC, Imperial College scientists, SAGE, etc.

My bold ... and virtually all local authority & educational jobs are advertised in it, as I found out when my wife got it when she was looking for a new job. She was a teacher!
Local Government jobs | Guardian Jobs (theguardian.com)

Bob65

War Hero
The Guardian itself isn't profitable

The Guardian is only surviving financially because it is being propped up by the Guardian Media Group, who in turn only really survive through their offshore tax avoidance strategy, and a few canny buyouts and investments over the years
My bold ... and virtually all local authority & educational jobs are advertised in it, as I found out when my wife got it when she was looking for a new job. She was a teacher!
Local Government jobs | Guardian Jobs (theguardian.com)

It’s a sweet little scam they have going and it ensures they hire the “right” kind of people. Central government should ban any public sector paying to advertise jobs now. They can put it on their own website.

Just saw this whilst on Google street view:

guarianad.JPG

They really have given up on trying to fix their spelling problems!

In the latest issue of Private Eye, they talk about St. Owen being a complete prick to Suzanne Jones at the Guardian. I think that whelks would be offended being compared to Owen Jones.
owen.jpg
EoPDKGxW4AU4LhL.jpg

Mattb

LE
I'd be suprised if the whole of the Guardian wasn't entirely RU-run. It's an elaborate long-term psyop operation to undermine & diminish every aspect of the UK, from the Union itself, its institutions, its achievements & its resolve to continue. The begging bowl pop ups are solely there to keep up pretences of being a struggling paper; any contributions go straight to the Samovar fund in the Kremlin.
The Guardian and Russia famously sharing views on issues such as Brexit and the persecution of journalists in Russia.

Why close it down? Surely, we need to grab every copy and publicly burn it before then sending the Guardian newspaper owners and their supporters to camps where they can have a solution carried out on them!

Isn’t that what regimes do who don’t like dissent from certain sections of the public?

Oh hang on........ Sorry, too soon!!

Why close it down? Surely, we need to grab every copy and publicly burn it before then sending the Guardian newspaper owners and their supporters to camps where they can have a solution carried out on them!

Isn’t that what regimes do who don’t like dissent from certain sections of the public?

Oh hang on........ Sorry, too soon!!
Is that you Owen?

Niamac

GCM
Having little else to do and purely in the interests of balance yesterday I strayed away from the FT and bought a Guardian. The general tone of the articles made me do a small subjective survey of them. I divided them into three categories; Positive, good news eg vaccines arrived, people rescued etc. Neutral, sometimes a good story with a BUT and Negative, bad news, disasters, complaints and stories or opinion about human failings

The results were;
Positive 9
Neutral 27
Negative 41

No wonder that the left are so depressed and cross

Latest Threads