• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Shrike L3A2 Battery Terminals

Quick question for those in the know. The contacts on a shrike are grouped into three groups, two, four two. What is the polarity on the damn things? Cheers in advance.

Unfortunately not a wah. I was asked to build a battery for a lad who uses one for firing small firework displays as he has had his batteries and charger nicked. I have the unit, but no battery and although I have the Li-ion cells to make the battery I am unsure of polarity of the battery to unit. Anyone?

I'm afraid I can't help you with that one, I'm a bit far away now and we don't use that type of Shrike over here. Your problem is going to further compounded by the fact that the battery was reversible as well IE if you span the battery round 180 degrees and stuck it back on. Short of locating a wire diagram I'm afraid it looks like your stuck bud.

You can buy these things...

Might be a better option for him than bodging it. Does it matter if he has a blind for example? Might make the show a bit sh1t, but what about the safety of going up to the banger or what ever itis?

This lad is not a big player in the fireworks game. The material to make a battery is only£40 max. As anyone who has had dealings with ribbands knows, unless you are a 'name' they can be pretty snotty. Also, did you notice this: Stock level: Out of stock. Unlikely to be replaced. As for the usual scare stories with the HSE, as long as the battery is certified by a sparky its sound.

Just a thought but a Megameter or similar (set over a higher range) run over the permutations should reveal basic polarity - nowadays I use a tichy one to check polarity of unknown charger /sundry power outputs.

Just a thought but a Megameter or similar (set over a higher range) run over the permutations should reveal basic polarity - nowadays I use a tichy one to check polarity of unknown charger /sundry power outputs.
You may struggle with that as without the battery it's as dead as disco.

Latest Threads