Shrike exploder info...

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by armourer, Oct 22, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What sort of battery would I need ? can you recharge a used one ?

thanks.

2. Thanks

£140 for a new one....

Buksheesh anyone :wink:

3. On a related note,

Anyone know where I can get hold of a combination switch?
    (L5A1) I think?

TTFN

BFG

4. Er, why do you want them?

5. just add some isfe's and lots of fuse instantaneous for hours of "everything I touch goes bang!" fun :lol:

6. Just a hobby...................

Incidentally, I once knew a Warrior called Rowley Birkin :wink:

TTFN

BFG

7. If it's just a hobby..... surely 2 pieces of tin foil a piece of foam (with holes in it) .... a couple of pieces of wire and a battery pack will do ... 8O

8. Alternatively ..... a box (plastic is good) with 4 micro switches (hot glued into it) a connector for a 9v battery & black and tan will suffice..... :D

9. Can't wait to read the future ammunition accident investigation report! :wink:

10. Don't discourage them FF. They'll keep us in work for years! :lol:

11. You mean "I was only trying what they told me on ARRSE...." isn't a valid excuse?? 8O

12. &

Personally, I'll do neither of the above and enjoy many more years of contented life, with large plates of chips & custard and lashings of ginger beer. :wink:

13. PP, if I do the investigation, it'll be good enough for me. :wink: As for the rest of them, well, who can say...............

14. obviously , for the deadliest IED known to man , just throw one of the old ration tins of jam on a fire and retreat to a safe distance , stickier than napalm mate !!!