Shrike exploder info...

What sort of battery would I need ? can you recharge a used one ?

thanks.

Thanks

£140 for a new one....

Buksheesh anyone :wink:

If it's just a hobby..... surely 2 pieces of tin foil a piece of foam (with holes in it) .... a couple of pieces of wire and a battery pack will do ... 8O

Alternatively ..... a box (plastic is good) with 4 micro switches (hot glued into it) a connector for a 9v battery & black and tan will suffice..... :D

Flying Felix said:
Can't wait to read the future ammunition accident investigation report! :wink:
Don't discourage them FF. They'll keep us in work for years! :lol:

Flying Felix said:
You mean "I was only trying what they told me on ARRSE...." isn't a valid excuse?? 8O

surely 2 pieces of tin foil a piece of foam (with holes in it) .... a couple of pieces of wire and a battery pack will do ...
&

a box (plastic is good) with 4 micro switches (hot glued into it) a connector for a 9v battery & black and tan will suffice.....
Personally, I'll do neither of the above and enjoy many more years of contented life, with large plates of chips & custard and lashings of ginger beer. :wink:

Plant-Pilot said:
Flying Felix said:
You mean "I was only trying what they told me on ARRSE...." isn't a valid excuse?? 8O
PP, if I do the investigation, it'll be good enough for me. :wink: As for the rest of them, well, who can say...............

obviously , for the deadliest IED known to man , just throw one of the old ration tins of jam on a fire and retreat to a safe distance , stickier than napalm mate !!!

BFG 9000 said:
On a related note,

Anyone know where I can get hold of a combination switch?
(L5A1) I think?

TTFN

BFG
Going into the pyrotechnics display trade for Nov 5th?

Come to think of it.......where CAN you get one?

God knows how....but i've got one...complete :twisted: found it in a bag of bits..pm me if you are desperate for it.(a combi switch that is...not a shrike..lol)

shortfuse said:
obviously , for the deadliest IED known to man , just throw one of the old ration tins of jam on a fire and retreat to a safe distance , stickier than napalm mate !!!
Fair one. Buggered if I'm going anywhere near one of those.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
3 RLC 16
3 Sappers 0
armourer RLC 3