Shower cabins

Discussion in 'DIY' started by DieHard, Jul 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

Our shower enclosure has leaked once too many with the crap bathroom panels, there are 7 of us using the shower mostly twice a day, while the shower can deal with it, the supposedly waterproof panels and enclosure cant.
    If anyone can reccomend a cabin or has one could they let me know please, my budget is about £800 but obviously i dont want to spend that much because water has seeped from the shower into our bedroom and warped the flooring.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

2. not being a mong and would like to help, in what context shower cabin, is this for work, the house, or are you are after a wet room?

3. Why not go for a wet room? Although you might want to put up a shower curtain to stop your bog role getting wet.

4. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

sorry for not being clear, its for the house.

5. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

i would like a wet room but we are short on space and the mrs does not want one

6. wet room is not exactly that expensive, as for the missus you sometimes have to agree with them for sanity.

My sister had a company called Dolphin install a shower unit for her, dont know how cheap it was, it looks like something out of Alien,

Desktop commando posted something quite useful. I would have a look at that,

7. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

Thanks for the link, the problem is the tongue and groove panels we have leak so i am not too sure,however i have a suspicion that my water pump or emersion heater may be the cause of the damp floor, i will be callinp out a plumber reccomended by ssafa that we know and take it from there.
    A wet room would be ideal because my Mrs has bad knees and hips and until I get my heart fixed properly, I get short of breath and find it hard to shower in a small space.

Good link though

8. Slightly off topic, but it's well worth taking off your bath panel every few months to check for leaks.

My wife mumbled something about a "noise in the bathroom" on Thursday morning........ I couldn't hear it, so went off to work.

Walking down the corridor that night, I nearly went flying, as 2 of the hardwood boards had popped upwards.

I lifted them and the insulation boards were soaked.

Removing the bath panel showed a joint spraying water which had run under the stud wall into the corridor

I had to take up about 10 panels to dry the wood, couple of dehumidifiers all week- end, finally got the boards back down today.

Just get a good torch to look for water damage, especially if you have an overbath shower, a lot haven't been secured properly or the silicone sealant has come adrift.

9. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

I erected a shower cabin at the bottom of my garden.

[​IMG]

Its modelled on Birkenau and can cleanse several pikeys at a time.

Before anyone kicks off, I have yet to hurl a red sea pedestrian in there.

• Like Like x 3
  10. P_G,
    dare I ask how you heat such a volume of water that is required.......

WW

• Like Like x 1
  11. If Hitler had concentrated on the pikeys, he would have been awarded the Nobel peace Prize.

Had one of the ***** in our street a couple of weeks ago, pretending to be a tree- surgeon.

Shafted 3 of my elderly neighbours for around 400 quid for a total of 2 hours work, came back 3 days on the trot to bully my 86 year- old neighbour into cutting down her healthy cherry tree for £150.

I went out and fucked him off, got threatened, although I'm certainly not hard or fit, wish I was, I'd have liked to have beaten the **** to death for targeting vulnerable old ladies.

Very professional looking, vinyl signage etc, calls himself Woodlands, he's around Durham at the moment, but as soon as he knocked on my door, I could hear the pikey patter.

12. I hope no padres of the light footed variety are reading this.

Sent from beyond the grave using the Force.

13. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

its a kind of vapour shower..... cleanses pikeys beautifully