Show your age, bounty in the TA!

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by hantsbloke, Aug 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. when I first joined it was £100, £200, £300, circular 1980@s so what were the payments before then?

Before I joined bounty was paid out in cash at a "bounty ball function" also you were paid in cash for a weekends trainning Im led to believe, must have been pre 1980!
  2. My first bounty was £25, a discretionary payment as I'd only only done 9 months (and was still a recruit at the time). It was paid out at the Bounty Ball (and before the end of the evening had found itself in the Coy funds via raffles, tombolas, a tie (which I've still got) and beer). That was 1976.

I can't remember exactly how much was paid out in 1977, but it doesn't matter. It ended up in the Coy funds as well.
  3. msr

msr LE

So now do you go on a 5 day bender? :)
  4. Bounty went up to the £100 , £200, £300 range in about 1980. This was a massive increase from the previous year which was probably about £50 max. Definitely less than £100.
    Also had to buy your own red uniforms
  5. That must have been a VERY long time ago. Didn't we change from scarlet to khaki at the end of the Victorian era?
  6. Can you still remember your daily rate of pay?

£7.49 per day as a TA Gunner (1980). My staff get more than that an hour today!

7. Daily pay as Junior Bandsman (and I wasn't even in the band - it was just a way round the lower age limit) was £3.37. (1975). I've still got the pay slips, too. I must have sensed that JPA was coming in.

Funny that I remember that, but can't remember what my daily rate is now.
  8. Obviously getting paid too much!
  9. i didnt qualify for last years bounty as i am still mobilised and still being treated for injuries i received last year in iraq. i needed to do 2 days in the TA before i qualified. buugger :x

i do like the idea of being presented your annual bounty during a Ball.. how much would be left the day after is another matter but i do like the idea. it would act as a further spur to some of our weaker soldiers not being invited to the biggest bash of the year
  10. You miss the point. The Bounty Ball was open to everyone and his brother (and his mum, dad, goldfish). The bounty could have been paid into the bank, but this was an opportunity for the unit to raise funds. When else would you have all the members of the unit together, and most of them with the equivalent of nearly a month's wages in their pocket.

No excuses of "I've only got a fiver on me" or "I'm skint until next pay day." If we couldn't fleece at least £25 of each soldier and £10 from each guest, then we weren't trying hard enough.

Of course, the "we" is a figurative term. I was only involved in the procedings twice. Well, okay, three times. But I was usually staffing behind the bar, which is an honourable trade. (At least until about midnight, when everybody's razzled).
  11. When do we get paid our Bounty's

Mine is: £387 or someshit
  12. april

in theory