Show us your kitchen

It's a tourist area and there are many rental cabins here. They can range from a genuine 2-room cabin to a 10-bedroom lodge. Google "rental cabin" with any of Douglas Lake, Sevierville, Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg.

Not biting :)
Ozark
Are you building stuff for the Mob?

It's been a very long time coming, but yesterday we got the Certificate of Occupancy for our house.

Here's the new kitchen chez Roadster. We move in tomorrow, so it's pretty bare right now.
That looks tremendous mate - after such a long wait I'm sure that you and your family will really enjoy your new house.

Never had much of a criminal mind, the ramifications of losing everything if you get caught are a sufficiently powerful deterrent to me. But then again, I'm not from Manchester :)
Soz, I thought I saw you post an admission of you being a Manc. I'm not either, I'm a proud Salfordian.

Soz, I thought I saw you post an admission of you being a Manc. I'm not either, I'm a proud Salfordian.
Well...

I was born in Hyde. Which was in Cheshire at the time. I'll die in a fcuking ditch before I admit being a Manc :)

My folks moved to the Wirral when I was 2 and I grew up there. Most of my family are from Salford too, but not this fcuking callsign :)

It's all a pile of shite, Liverpool and Manchester are only 30 miles apart and you'd think it was another world. Both decaying post-industrial cities, but with 4 really good football teams between them and another 6 or 8 professional clubs in the hinterland.

I've lived on this side of the pond nearly as long as I did on the Wirral. But I'm not really from here either :)

Well...

I was born in Hyde. Which was in Cheshire at the time. I'll die in a fcuking ditch before I admit being a Manc :)

My folks moved to the Wirral when I was 2 and I grew up there. Most of my family are from Salford too, but not this fcuking callsign :)

It's all a pile of shite, Liverpool and Manchester are only 30 miles apart and you'd think it was another world. Both decaying post-industrial cities, but with 4 really good football teams between them and another 6 or 8 professional clubs in the hinterland.

I've lived on this side of the pond nearly as long as I did on the Wirral. But I'm not really from here either :)
Yeh, but discounts on your lodge, mucker!:cool:

I've not lived in Salford since I took the Queen's Shilling in the 70's, but one can't help feeling the draw of our ancestors who had little choice.
Anyway, great kitchen and we're looking forward to some spectacular 'Tonight I cooked' dishes, local to you, if you can.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
I have great expectations on the future output from callsign: Roadster now on the cookery thread.

I will be taking deep interest in the plateage as well.

People with kitchens like that do not have Frey Bentos & oven chips for scran. I'm expecting @mush_dad to become very worried about his kitchen "creations" being "black catted".

#I also believe "the rules" state that, as an owner of such a kitchen, you are now also required to own (and wear) a pinney.

Show us your crockery muthafecker!!!

It's a tourist area and there are many rental cabins here. They can range from a genuine 2-room cabin to a 10-bedroom lodge. Google "rental cabin" with any of Douglas Lake, Sevierville, Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg.
Had a very good holiday in a cabin near there a couple of years ago. Until my wife almost broke a rib on the old wooden roller coaster in Dollywood.

Had a very good holiday in a cabin near there a couple of years ago. Until my wife almost broke a rib on the old wooden roller coaster in Dollywood.
My holiday at Roadster towers is already confirmed - on account of me reminding him he was a c*nt (he'd forgot).

I still have some decorating and a little touching up, but I'm really happy with it.

Fridge in the lefthand column, with (working up) oven, warming draw and Oven/steamer combi

1569575705521.png

Built in extractor and induction hob. The worktop is laminate but with wood texture.
The floor are gloss wood-effect ceramic tiles

1569575831787.png

Utility room, with microwave, dryer and washing machine.
The middle cupboard to below and to the right of the sink unit is the dishwasher.

1569575905396.png

Because we argued over the handle type, I lost as usual, and we had to have a handle-less kitchen, which meant I had to have a K20 dishwasher at £1000 extra . o_O See below the explanation

I still have some decorating and a little touching up, but I'm really happy with it.

Fridge in the lefthand column, with (working up) oven, warming draw and Oven/steamer combi

Because we argued over the handle type, I lost as usual, and we had to have a handle-less kitchen, which meant I had to have a K20 dishwasher at £1000 extra . o_O See below the explanation

Very nice, although I'm not too sure about the 'handle-less' idea; does that mean you have to kick things to open them?
Two small items possibly of interest: our Bosch oven needed repair after fixings holding the grill in the top oven failed and the paperclips I used started to sag. I told the insurance company about it and within a week had a whole new cooker, which was nice. I'd been unaware that the home insurance policy covered me to that extent.
The other one is the bloody dishwasher, which can't be persuaded to shut up about having finished its job. The very loud bleeping, repeated frequently and interminably, can't be prevented, which means that it can't be used overnight. Why do makers not think about that? Tempted to arrange an overload of some sort...

Very nice, although I'm not too sure about the 'handle-less' idea; does that mean you have to kick things to open them?
Two small items possibly of interest: our Bosch oven needed repair after fixings holding the grill in the top oven failed and the paperclips I used started to sag. I told the insurance company about it and within a week had a whole new cooker, which was nice. I'd been unaware that the home insurance policy covered me to that extent.
The other one is the bloody dishwasher, which can't be persuaded to shut up about having finished its job. The very loud bleeping, repeated frequently and interminably, can't be prevented, which means that it can't be used overnight. Why do makers not think about that? Tempted to arrange an overload of some sort...
The handle effect goes well with the doors/drawers as there's plenty of space to fit the most sausage of fingers behind to open.

As for the beep, have the tried Google (unless you model is really old?)?

As for the beep...
Thanks. Old model but the instructions are clear and appear to work. Perhaps I should have read them (a contemptible practice best left to servants, but sometimes one must set an example.)

Latest Threads