Show us your bits.

Proff3RTR

War Hero
Are you going to Warfare in November, perchance?
no mate.
I don't get much R&R to be honest, the last part of this year is all about paying to back a kickstarter I am looking at, buying a still shrink wrapped copy of Monolith games Conan and buying the items I need to have enought modern europe/Germany terrain for when I start in fully with my cold war project.

no mate.
I don't get much R&R to be honest, the last part of this year is all about paying to back a kickstarter I am looking at, buying a still shrink wrapped copy of Monolith games Conan and buying the items I need to have enought modern europe/Germany terrain for when I start in fully with my cold war project.
That's a bloody shame, as you could have berated that lazy Welsh twat in person for not cracking on with BF: Cold War... ;)

Proff3RTR

War Hero
That's a bloody shame, as you could have berated that lazy Welsh twat in person for not cracking on with BF: Cold War... ;)
haha, I am sure he will sort his shit out at some point and get cracking. However, having looked over what I have from the BF site etc it seems very workable. I am trying to paint up stuff as fast as poss to have a small engagment within the next week or so.

haha, I am sure he will sort his shit out at some point and get cracking. However, having looked over what I have from the BF site etc it seems very workable. I am trying to paint up stuff as fast as poss to have a small engagment within the next week or so.
I think it works as a 'collection of ideas'. It certainly works very well for relatively low-tech/light armour/infantry wars such as the Falklands, Angola, Vietnam, Ogaden, etc. We've also had a lot of fun pitting Poles versus Danes in Schleswig-Holstein.

What the lazy twat needs to do as a matter of urgency however, is sit down and crunch the gun v armour numbers and completely move beyond the BF: WW2 idea of 10 being the highest armour number. I've playtested it and it works, but it's a massive job...

Proff3RTR

War Hero
76C07A25-69FA-4397-9239-B3AE56634C07.jpeg
BCB1E9FA-9D14-48B7-A0F1-F4D785DE854A.jpeg

Motor Rifle Company finished,

3 x MR platoons and in front the Coy Hq with a PKM team & Light AA team
These will be mounted on BMP 2 as they will be the MR Coy that supports a battalion of T-64’s

Proff3RTR

War Hero
add ons for First Echelon, the Cold War add on for Battlefront ww2 being worked on by some very clever arrsers, painting DPM at 15 mm is a pain, but I only have to do 2 companies of Brit infantry for a square Battlegroup so not to bad……these 3 stands represent an entire rifle platoon of 3 sections.

Attachments

• 2F3398D9-D972-4EB7-AECE-330212E19133.jpeg
    2F3398D9-D972-4EB7-AECE-330212E19133.jpeg
    884 KB · Views: 17
  • 73063BC3-E7E3-4CDE-9923-976B2DB90B7F.jpeg
    73063BC3-E7E3-4CDE-9923-976B2DB90B7F.jpeg
    865.1 KB · Views: 16

Proff3RTR

War Hero
Chally 1, no unit unit/Sqn markings/ C/S yet for Battlefront WW2’s Cold War add on that is being worked on ‘first echelon’
EF60CF6C-5235-47B4-A966-7DEDEB43FB0F.jpeg
376EDA09-33BF-4EF2-83A9-E3A1807700C7.jpeg

B38D695C-70C7-452D-94F7-A82E595A93B8.jpeg

Next up the rest of my Brit Mech Coy, then the other 4 Chally 1’s to round of this Sqn, a few Scorpions for a half Troop from the Regimental Close Recce Tp, a foo for the arty and then the remainder of the Russian advanced guard battalion, I have one full company done of them so far! But they paint up fairly fast.

One of my gaming mates has a large collection of 40K models and has started building up a couple of opposing forces for 30k Heresy games.

Personally I think my favourite style of Astartes armour is the original Mk6 Beaky... :)
I still have some of the Mk6 Womble Marines, although they tend to stay in the case as last ditch support for my nipper's Blood Angels (which don't come out much as he's now a Orks player). I've also got some really old Imperial Guard (from before the name change) which I use to back-fill my Genestealer Cult army, which I've just started.