Show us your bits.

Right then, a couple of the lads have put pikkies of some of their stuff up on the intro thread.
Thought I'd start one on here so peeps could post stuff they have just finished.
I'll ping a note on the modelling thread, so hopefully people will get on board.

Finished these at the weekend. If you get close enough, you can smell the varnish. Austrian Napoleonic cavalry regiment and a couple of stands of Jaegers. All figures are by Perry's.

DSC00010.JPG
DSC00013.JPG
DSC00012.JPG
DSC00015.JPG
DSC00016.JPG

Trashman

War Hero
Blood Angels. I'm a traditionalist!
Not played with them in a long time though. Used to paint them just for the fun of it mainly.

Right then, a couple of the lads have put pikkies of some of their stuff up on the intro thread.
Thought I'd start one on here so peeps could post stuff they have just finished.
I'll ping a note on the modelling thread, so hopefully people will get on board.

Finished these at the weekend. If you get close enough, you can smell the varnish. Austrian Napoleonic cavalry regiment and a couple of stands of Jaegers. All figures are by Perry's.

View attachment 292163 View attachment 292164 View attachment 292167 View attachment 292168 View attachment 292169
Beautiful work, I'm envious of your skill, patience and the time it must take.

(Just as an aside, like, uum - do you go outside very often, have any real friends, the sort who are still warm and breathing....just asking like.....)

jim30

LE
Lovely stuff - I'm very jealous!

Will try and get some recent photos of my ultra-modern 28mms up soon.

Some more Austrian Napoleonics here, though AB Figures 15mm in my case. Also some French units and some other bits and pieces. All painted over the last six weeks or so:

First up are two Hussar Regiments of the Hungarian 'Insurrection':

Austrian 1st 'Kaizer Franz' Infantry Regiment:

Austrian 12th 'Manfreddini' Infantry Regiment:

Austrian 22nd 'Koburg' Infantry Regiment:

Austrian 38th 'Wurttemberg' Infantry Regiment:

Austrian 6th 'Liechtenstein' Cuirassier Regiment:

Austrian 4th 'Hessen-Homburg' Hussar Regiment:

Austrian 2nd 'Schwarzenberg' Uhlan Regiment:

Austrian Landwehr militia from either Moravia or Silesia:

Austrian Landwehr militia from Bohemia:

The Duke of Brunswick, who met his end at Quatre-Bras in 1815:

French 5th Hussars... It was a hell of a job to work out what the exact uniform details were in any given year, particularly in terms of headgear and trumpeters' dress, but this seems to have been what they were wearing from 1805-1808 or thereabouts:

French 1st (Polish) Chevauleger-Lancers of the Guard:

French General de Brigade Krasinski, commander of the Guard Lancer Brigade:

Grand Duchy of Warsaw - an anonymous cavalry general:

Some of my FoW bits...

Guns and Lloyds Carriers for the Bn antitank pl

IMG_0269.JPG
IMG_0270.JPG

Beautiful work, I'm envious of your skill, patience and the time it must take.

(Just as an aside, like, uum - do you go outside very often, have any real friends, the sort who are still warm and breathing....just asking like.....)

Cheers. I do go out but normally only when the sun has gone in. Friend wise. Now you mention it..............

Some more Austrian Napoleonics here, though AB Figures 15mm in my case. Also some French units and some other bits and pieces. All painted over the last six weeks or so:

First up are two Hussar Regiments of the Hungarian 'Insurrection':

Austrian 1st 'Kaizer Franz' Infantry Regiment:

Austrian 12th 'Manfreddini' Infantry Regiment:

Austrian 22nd 'Koburg' Infantry Regiment:

Austrian 38th 'Wurttemberg' Infantry Regiment:

Austrian 6th 'Liechtenstein' Cuirassier Regiment:

Austrian 4th 'Hessen-Homburg' Hussar Regiment:

Austrian 2nd 'Schwarzenberg' Uhlan Regiment:

That is some seriously good work there. Puts my 28's to shame. Are you working on an OOB or just painting the bits you like?

That is some seriously good work there. Puts my 28's to shame. Are you working on an OOB or just painting the bits you like?
Ta! I'm working on the 1809 orbat for the Austrians. It's at a ratio of roughly 1:100 ('Napoleon's Battles' rules), so each unit represents a brigade or large regiment. I've got the III, IV, Reserve and Advance Guard Corps done thus far and am working on II Corps (which needs another seven infantry regiments and a Chevauxleger regiment). Also done some Hungarian Insurrection Infantry for Raab.

Ta! I'm working on the 1809 orbat for the Austrians. It's at a ratio of roughly 1:100 ('Napoleon's Battles' rules), so each unit represents a brigade or large regiment. I've got the III, IV, Reserve and Advance Guard Corps done thus far and am working on II Corps (which needs another seven infantry regiments and a Chevauxleger regiment). Also done some Hungarian Insurrection Infantry for Raab.
I'm doing the Vanguard and 1st Corps for the same period, but keep getting distracted. There always seems to be something new and shiny turns up.

I have been getting a bit snow-blind with all the white uniforms! Breaking up the monotony with some interesting units along the way definitely helps.

Some lead figures I did as a nipper:

IMG_2282-1.jpg

First go at one of the figures from the 1:72 Airfix Waterloo playset I bought and made for MasterPlume for Christmas:

IMG_5408_zpsscquls4j.JPG
IMG_5407_zpsfnwggbgb.JPG

I may have gone a little OTT with the varnish coat which is why he seems to be in a pool of Ectoplasm. WIP on some more, there are hundreds of the little devils & I'm just hoping my modelling mojo comes back:

IMG_5446_zpsxd1hbxrn.JPG

Zvezda Roman Legionaries:

IMG_5250_zpsdio5i4ge.JPG
IMG_5251_zpsfnbkgrdo.JPG
IMG_5252_zpsqhxijjak.JPG
IMG_5253_zpsfc7dggha.JPG

First go at one of the figures from the 1:72 Airfix Waterloo playset I bought and made for MasterPlume for Christmas:

View attachment 292378

I may have gone a little OTT with the varnish coat which is why he seems to be in a pool of Ectoplasm. WIP on some more, there are hundreds of the little devils & I'm just hoping my modelling mojo comes back:

Zvezda Roman Legionaries:

View attachment 292383 View attachment 292382 View attachment 292381 View attachment 292380
I really do like your legionaries, however your redcoat lends me to thinking that you might have Parkinsons.

I'm not putting any of mine up, as my painting is frankly rubbish. My lad was happy with my efforts when he was seven or eight, but as a twelve year old - he does better himself.

Latest Threads