Show support for our military - but how ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by very-old-git, Sep 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know where we /I could buy car window stickers that shows support for our lads ? or should ARRSE sell a range of suitable items ?.

2. The one thing that Balleh has brought to the party in a long time (perhaps ever) is the quote of servicemen being "twice a citizen". I think this should be worked into a car sticker. If it is satisfactory I would be proud to put it onto my motor, and I am not usually in favour of them.

3. Id be reluctent to display a sticker as no doubt our religious (muslim) friends would have us arrested on the grounds of offending them as we are terrorising their "Islam brothers" in the middle east. Worrying thing is Im probably right

4. So arrest me.

5. Would take them 2 days to get around to doing it anyway. Is there any chance of the government doing some sort of public support ? how about a public vote of support from all MPs to see who the "5th columnists" and tree hugging minority supporters are. Glady vote agaisnt the ARRSE holes in any elections

6. Wrist-band and car stickers here.

7. Anyone know if its possible to get broken covernant t-shirts?Wristbands ect are ok but a big feck off slogan over the back of the shoulders may get a bit more attention.Only problem for me is most of the civpop around this way would probably think its the name of the latest death metal band.

8. There is an organization called the British Legion which supports the battle damaged. We could all getup from our fat arses and give some active support in that area. Bumper stickers; leave that to the septics.

9. There is an organization called the British Legion which supports the battle damaged. We could all getup from our fat arses and give some active support in that area. Bumper stickers; leave that to the septics.

10. you say "bumper stickers, leave that to the septics" but don't there troops have a lot more support than us? is that not the idea of this thread? to raise awareness of British troops.

11. Snoritensnofayre - Get your point mate, but buying some SSAFA stickers will hopefully bung some money to the people who can use it for the good of the troops and advertise the fact on your motor. Yes, there are a lot of other good causes to donate to, BLESMA, RBL etc.

I agree with Darbs and the others. Personally, I have car stickers. Don't care if its a bit septic. Not a huge fan of things American, but perhaps if our people showed the same support as the Yanks do, the troops wouldn't feel like fcuking lepers in their own land.

I think it's a shame that our people don't show more support for the lads and lasses doing their bit. Don't care why they're there, they're there because they were sent, end of. The people should be behind them and I'm personally proud of the way the British Army has performed in awful conditions with lack of kit and few in numbers.

They deserve our admiration/support and although not surprising on a site like this, its good to see everyone speaking positively about the troops, (not the politicians, who are shite :roll: ). I don't know of any of us older ex-soldiers who have said anything negative about the magnificent way our "successors" are performing on the ground.

As for offending anyone else, well Tango fcuking Sierra! I think, showing pride in them is the way ahead. Bugger all the whining, PC, tree-hugging turds. They would be the first to cry for a soldiers help if there was conflict in their streets. Who cares what they think??? Buy a sticker or just donate some coin!

12. Got mine on now in Australia,.