Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show me your toolbox...

Metric spanners, assorted.
Screwdrivers, knives, pokey things, marking things, measuring things, cutting things.
Industrial sewing machine,
Mig welder
Arc welder
Angle grinder x 3
Drills, battery, mains & pillar.
Bench grinder
Electric plane
Multi tool, vibrating.
Hot wire cutter
Soldering irons & blowlamps
Pad sanders
Mitre saw
Circular saw
Table saw
Jack's, ramps & axle stands
OBD reader
Adhesives, sealants & coatings
Brad nailer

Other assorted shit that I can't remember.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk

Just some random items ..... a Ball Pein Hammer which my father gave me many years ago it is beautifully balanced and has never " Rung " even when heavily used .... Large Stanley Yankee Pump action screwdriver with various screw driver heads and I still use it .... and purchased last year a " Dremel " or similar with a selection of attachments which is excellent for small work to modify / improve hill walking gear

Last edited:

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
A blunt tool that has been put back in the box.
images.jpeg

@Ravers - my eyesight is starting to fail. Did I see a fan belt and towing eye included in the Ferrari kit? Good ad for reliability if so

@charles-whatever the number is - for your next ship please use a wooden anchor. Let us know how you get on.

quadrapiper

Clanker
Don't think I saw these listed - a few sturdy punches for setting nails in and persuading stuck items out. Depending on your scope, a long (3"/1 m more or less) crow, and on the other end, a slim pry bar. Decently powered angle grinder; something like this; with a selection of grinding and cutting discs and a wire wheel.

We had an accident where I worked where the cylinders tipped over and the stem of the oxygen regulator hit some steelwork inside a steel hull we were working on and snapped off, if the cylinder valve hadn't been off fark knows what would have happened.

All my cylinders were chained to something solid from then on.
As an apprentice me and a pal had to operate a tube bender with me annealing alu tubing for it with an oxy propane set. Shut it off and went for tea , came back and could hear a ticking noise from somewhere. Opened the torch and black smoke came out and it was the gas set ticking !
We both bomb burst out of the unit then after a few seconds came to and ran back it and shut the bottle and stripped the regulator.
Our welding repairs guy came around and showed us that the hoses had been burning inside and the only thing that stopped it were the flashback arrested.

Very brown trousers.

Truxx

LE
We had an accident where I worked where the cylinders tipped over and the stem of the oxygen regulator hit some steelwork inside a steel hull we were working on and snapped off, if the cylinder valve hadn't been off fark knows what would have happened.

Apparently grease and oxygen can be spectacular..

I saw a report when a scrapyard operative knocked the brass valve off a full cylinder with a sledgehammer. It travelled a long way and did a lot of damage.

Latest Threads