Shouty Training Screw - Daily Wail

I don't understand this at all. Perhaps the Army could post on its website a video showing exactly how an infantry instructor should motivate a recruit through this sort of scenario. General Dannatt should narrate the procedings.

IIRC Dannatt experienced much worse/better from his Sandhurst (much more eloquently derisive) C/SGT!

Mostly I agree with you.

There are exceptions, though, for example some who served with SOE. However they are exceptions and should remain so.

Back in the late 1960s my instructor at Glenmore Lodge (doing Summer Cert' for my MLC - in the middle of bloody Winter) was a very elegant and beautiful female instructor... she climbed like a cross between a ballerina and a cat - out tabbed us in the severest weather, never broke a sweat carrying over 50 lbs of gear. Hard as nails!

None that I have ever seen. I cant recall any blokes ever crying on bayonet practise. It's hardly P company. I don't know what the whole day consisted of but I doubt she is hungry or massively tired. Lesson like that last for an hour or two normally and then they get a hot shower and change of rig.

Hmm.... I witnessed male Sandhurst cadets break down and cry... yes they were chinstrapped, cold, wet, and hungry. I also witnessed male officers training for an Antarctic expedition jack it in when the going got really tough.

Point is we didn't see the end of the session where the Instructor (who rather foolishly video-d the practice). summed up her performance and gave encouragement - as he probably did.

Hmm.... I witnessed male Sandhurst cadets break down and cry... yes they were chinstrapped, cold, wet, and hungry. I also witnessed male officers training for an Antarctic expedition jack it in when the going got really tough.

Point is we didn't see the end of the session where the Instructor (who rather foolishly video-d the practice). summed up her performance and gave encouragement - as he probably did.

Officers dont count, I meant normal men.

However were those cadets bayonet training for what was probably less than 2 hours, having slept in barracks and eat breakfast/lunch earlier that day?

There is **** all in basic training worth sniveling about.

Oh hell, I admit it, I agree with @bulldoze. Just not emotionally! I have no problem with shouty training. I do have a problem with a superior rank "instructor" filming and posting with the object of humiliating a trainee. Gender nothing to do with it.

Ironically we'll see plenty teary eyes and handwringing when the vindictive forces of justice catch up with the perp. ;)

I said the bloke was out of order for filming it quite a few post ago, however I didn't equal it to making a treasonable act.

I listened with interest to J. V on the beeb today
Where there's blame there's a claim!!!!!!

Now any one know a good lawyer where I can get justice for the threatened sexual assault ... He was a nasty piece of work .... Threatened to shove his pace stick up my rear orifice, ( I won't say what his actual words were, it could offend someone) and run me straight into the guardroom
and he threatened me often
How many thousands will they pay to buy my silence, and should I book that holiday?

Yet how many times, when the brown stuff has hit the fan, has some enterprising NCO or Officer got ever able-bodied person in the vicinity - clerks, cooks, baggae-wallahs etc - and formed them into a fighting unit?

'Admin Box' - Burma 1944 - 7th (Indian) Division!

IIRC Dannatt experienced much worse/better from his Sandhurst (much more eloquently derisive) C/SGT!
Dannatt cannot have been referring to the content of the lesson- it would be ridiculous of him to do so. He should have made this clear and that it was the DS’s phone vid which was the problem.

Last edited:
I listened with interest to J. V on the beeb today
Where there's blame there's a claim!!!!!!

Now any one know a good lawyer where I can get justice for the threatened sexual assault ... He was a nasty piece of work .... Threatened to shove his pace stick up my rear orifice, ( I won't say what his actual words were, it could offend someone) and run me straight into the guardroom
and he threatened me often
How many thousands will they pay to buy my silence, and should I book that holiday?

Bloody hell, you're on to something there!

A nasty man threatened me because he didn't like the creases in my lightweights.

Lets pool resources?

Back in the late 1960s my instructor at Glenmore Lodge (doing Summer Cert' for my MLC - in the middle of bloody Winter) was a very elegant and beautiful female instructor... she climbed like a cross between a ballerina and a cat - out tabbed us in the severest weather, never broke a sweat carrying over 50 lbs of gear. Hard as nails!
That sounds suspiciously like Lone M******d....

Dannatt cannot have been referring to the content of the lesson- it would be ridiculous of him to do so. He should have made this clear and that it was the DS’s phone vid which was the problem.
The quote attributed to Dannatt would have been deeply stupid if that was all he said, in the context. I very much doubt that it was, but can readily picture him venting about 'social media' over the phone to a journo, and the interview being edited for sensational value. I only met him once, when he ignored the working stiffs at my organisation, but don't think that he's a dckhead.

Mattb

LE
Just for some clarity for you some women in the army want equal opportunities but not equal responsibility.
And I want a billion pounds and Jennifer Lawrence’s teleophome number, doesn’t mean I’ll get it.

And I want a billion pounds and Jennifer Lawrence’s teleophone number, doesn’t mean I’ll get it.

Certainly looks like the bints (and other minorities) are getting their way. While I've thought that the physical training regime should have been overhauled a while ago, do you not think its a bit of a coincidence that its started at the time they want women in the infantry?

Last edited:

Mattb

LE
Possibly, but if it doesn't negatively affect effectiveness then who cares?

By the sound of things it should increase effectiveness, by keeping fitness the same whilst reducing injury.

Possibly, but if it doesn't negatively affect effectiveness then who cares?

By the sound of things it should increase effectiveness, by keeping fitness the same whilst reducing injury.

Because it nearly always does affect effectiveness, its just ignored.

Bloody hell, you're on to something there!

A nasty man threatened me because he didn't like the creases in my lightweights.

Lets pool resources?
Me Me Me I want in,he said my mum never married my dad before i was born. Well 'Mr Shouty R.S. bloody M she did and i can prove it..£££££££££££££ get in

Last edited:
And I want a billion pounds and Jennifer Lawrence’s teleophome number, doesn’t mean I’ll get it.
But dont tell anyone she hates me looking at her phone while she is having a dump in the mornings Shhhhhh

Ps dont let on you have it and dont share it with anyone especially those pervs on Arrse

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
You don't think the journalist twisted his words for effect, do you? I am shocked!

Latest Threads