Shouty Ads - Sighting Reports PSe

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Oct 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

We're hoping that the shouty ads may have disappeared but would like some help in confirming this. To that end, can you let us know if you've seen anything since approx 0800A this morning. Nil reports also required pse

Sighting Report format is:

• DTG
    • Page - link pse
    • Nature of ad, i.e gaviscon, weird Americans, etc
    • Browser you're using, IE9, Chrome, Firefox
    • Any special extensions or settings you're using to block tracking cookies
  2. Bad CO

Impressive, no sooner did I post that then I got the Cillit Bang one ....

Attached Files:

3. I've had my first one at work this morning, sorry no idea what it was as I adblocked it but it still kept playing so I muted it.
  4. Nothing at the moment Dad. I've just taken it off mute though, so am waiting for someone to tell me about the benefits of Nurofen Extra.

5. About the same as normal Nurofen,you just pay extra for the placebo effect. 8)
    • Like Like x 2
  6. I've just opened this thread and found the ads blacked out with the message Task Queue failed at step 0: Error #2048.

Still getting crap adverts prior to this.

7. Gaviscon and some ad for schmooru ? when I opened this thread.
  8. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Just had one as I clicked through the last 50 page. Didn't get the details because I'd already clicked by.
  9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

OK, that Cillit Bang one has been blocked. Keep em coming!
  10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

To get these I found I have to disable 3rd party cookies, delete all browsing history and use my Linux laptop. I think that makes the ad wizardry decide that I'm just not worth serving worthwhile ads to and I get the shit ones. If anyone can give the level of info Bad CO has then it would be really appreciated.
  11. Same here.
  12. HHH

HHH LE

Windows 7 using IE 9 no adblocks on, I don't get the shouty ads and i have used Opera recently and didn't get any either.
  13. so random gaviscon voice over when in the naffi bar, sorry couldnt remember which page
  14. Bad CO

15. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer