Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Shouting abuse at fat people is socially useful

That is a beautifully worded article.
Very worthy of displaying on Arrse.

Shouting Abuse At Fat People Is Not Just Fun. It’s Socially Useful
ROD LIDDLEWEDNESDAY, 9TH JULY 2008
Rod Liddle is impressed by David Cameron’s speech in Glasgow and the Tory leader’s call for greater personal responsibility. Antisocial behaviour needs to be stigmatised, not treated as an illness to be cured

Good for David Cameron. There was a grotesquely fat woman in front of me in the checkout queue at Sainsbury’s this week, so fat I couldn’t see the car park; she looked like 26 Ethiopians, if you put them in a blender, added some bleach and gelatine and then allowed the result to set for 38 years in the fridge. Her trolley was full of prepackaged brown filth, tramp-semen-flavoured nacho chips, pasta shaped into an approximation of Shami Chakrabarti’s face, smothered in sugar and vinegar and tomato sauce and shoved in a tin, and carbonated sugary drinks that would make Jesus belch. Meanwhile, causing a ruckus by the entrance, was her vile lardy brood, a clutch of under ten E.S.N. thromboses waiting to happen, even the youngest of them with a pierced ear. How did they find a sleeper large enough to get through all that earlobe fat, I wondered — through all that reconstituted crispy chicken nugget and salt and sugar and saturated gunk?

Before David Cameron’s speech in Glasgow East I would simply have shrugged my shoulders, looking at this hag, and maybe sighed — ah, yes, this is Britain. But now he has told these awful people it’s all their own fault that they are hideous, poor and stupid I felt thoroughly empowered; liberated almost. So instead of doing nothing I set the fat mother on fire with my Zippo lighter and, on the way out, kicked the smallest fat child hard in the gut. Nearly lost my boot, too; entire leg almost swallowed whole.

Well, OK, I didn’t do any of that. But I thought about doing it and that is an improvement, a nod in the right direction. Ever since Cameron’s speech — a politically brave thing to do, because I am told that almost everybody in the constituency resembles that lady in front of me in the checkout queue — there has been a renewed spring in my step. For the first time this effete public-school monkey connected. What he said will have had resonance across the country, I suspect: it is what you hear people saying all the time, almost all people, except politicians. You can tell it was good stuff by the number of harridans from endlessly diffuse pressure groups — most of them paid for through the wallets of you and I, all of them wrong — ensconced in BBC local radio stations whining about how David Cameron is a bully, why we need to show solidarity with fat, stupid people, rather than setting them on fire, and how alcoholism and ‘obesity’ and drug addiction are illnesses, in much the same way that scarlet fever or sciatica are illnesses. No, they’re not — and Cameron deserves credit for having said so.

I would go so far as to say it's a social duty. Fat people need to be persecuted if they're ever to become better people and fit to reenter decent society.

I'm a bit on the tubby side - and its no-ones fault except my own, (and mybe the missus as she's a great cook) I eat too much and don't do enough exercise,

I think I should be persucted until I lose about a stone. I'm too lazy to bother to lose it myself - If people were ashamed to be fat then maybe they would lose weight and be healthier and happier.

We seem to have lost the concept of "shame" in this country...

I reckon that article could get Rod Liddle a few nominations as Jeremy Clarkson's deputy in the in the "Arrse World Dictator Elections" .... (or whatever they're referred to in the threads on the subject).

I'm outraged. Totally disgusted. This is nothing else but blatant discrimination.

If moves were made to eliminate thos of us of a more generous frame, who would benefit? Not you lot.
Who would you have to feel superior to?

Who would you be able to pull and fornicate with when filled with the demon drink? (not that I approve of fornication, you understand)

Who would you find to shelter behind when the wind blows and the rain falls.

For goodness sake, think this through before making rash decisions!

bensonby said:
I'm a bit on the tubby side - and its no-ones fault except my own, (and mybe the missus as she's a great cook) I eat too much and don't do enough exercise,

I think I should be persucted until I lose about a stone. I'm too lazy to bother to lose it myself - If people were ashamed to be fat then maybe they would lose weight and be healthier and happier.

We seem to have lost the concept of "shame" in this country...

Shut up you fat piece of sh1t you can't have an opinion until you are skinny! ;)

old_fat_and_hairy said:
I'm outraged. Totally disgusted. This is nothing else but blatant discrimination.

If moves were made to eliminate thos of us of a more generous frame, who would benefit? Not you lot.

Ginger People!!

Who would you be able to pull and fornicate with when filled with the demon drink? (not that I approve of fornication, you understand)

Eeerrr NAAFI Birds or Ginger people.!!

Wouldn't go out because I'm shagging the GWA

For goodness sake, think this through before making rasher decisions!

Trust a fatty to think of food!![/quote]

B_AND_T said:
old_fat_and_hairy said:

Ginger People!!

Eeerrr NAAFI Birds or Ginger people.!!= fat birds.

Wouldn't go out because I'm shagging the GWA

For goodness sake, think this through before making rasher decisions!

Trust a fatty to think of food!![/quote]

Uncivil_Servant said:
"tramp-semen-flavoured nacho chips"

Has Mr Liddle been visiting ARRSE lately?

Exactly! :rofl:
Unless other websites have such an obsession with "all-things-tramp-todger"!
'Tis precisely what prompted me to copy and paste the article.