Shouldnt there be a dedicated music forum?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Sangreal, Aug 18, 2005.

?
  1. Right On - give me music!

66.7%
  2. No way! - give me silence!

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the Cultural Corner we have the 'Military History and Militaria' forum and the 'Films, Lit and All things Artsy' forum.

I think that such a prolific medium for debate and discourse like ARRSE should ceratinly have a dedicated music forum where the why's and wherefores of all music genres can be discussed.

Anything from "Why Gareth Gates doesn't stutter when singing (even though he doesn't do much of that these days - thank God!)?" to "What f**kin' tab is Jimi playing in the twelfth bar of 'Purple Haze'?", to "I wish Elvis could be buried once and for all".

Do you think the addition of a dedicated forum should be considered by the mods?

Please cast your vote above!

2. Only if there is a military section with pipes and drums.

3. It should cater for all genres - whether death metal or death by bubbble-gum pop!

4. My tastes vary from classical to death metal..........I appreciate goodmusic.

Thats said not all opinions are the same......some have been wiped and are spotlessely and smelly clean and some haven't.

'Miserere mei, Deus' for example; sung by The New College Choir Oxford

The Clash

Alien Sex Fiend

5. From Mahler & Berlioz to Steps & the Spice Girls by way of U2 & Guns 'n' Roses! Eclectic music taste? Nah... 8)

6. I post here only in a desperate attempt to rekindle this topic which is dear to my heart - PLEASE MODS GIVE MUSIC A FORUM!!!!!!

7. YES! i totally agree with this...if the "soldier" rag has got a music/games bit why not ARRSE? :roll:

Stiff Little Fingers The Jam The Clash

8. J_D

J_D LE

Got to have GREEN DAY!!

Or failing that, I do like a bit of bag pipes at sunset!

9. Green day haven't fcuckin rocked as good as American Idiot since Dookie came out.

10. they do on their latest offering...and they effin well rocked at Milton Keynes :p

11. J_D

J_D LE

Dookie was great, nimrod I could differ but American idiot is up there with Dookie! Milton Keynes was cracking!

Edited: Didn't read the post right, sorry

12. American Idiot/Dookie/Green day are great........Eh...? Isn't that what I just said?

13. i must have read it the same way as Anyah...oops..lol

14. J_D

J_D LE

Its a shame the world only took to Greenday recently. 15yrs after they formed, they actually get what they deserve!

Why is it that the cr@p bands get the recognition ASAP, yet the good and decent ones take years!

15. they got loads of recognition off Dookie..that's how i got into them...they just didn't seem to cut the mustard after that...other than the odd single. Besides, the music press have a good habit of building new bands up then knocking them down not so long after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.