Should we not support and publicise this appeal ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Rhino_Stopper, Apr 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if this has been done but as at this morning they had only sold 194 bricks !

The Chelsea Pensioner's Appeal
    The Appeal intends to raise £35 million by 31 March 2008. The money is urgently needed to build and equip a new Infirmary (Care Home) for the Pensioners and to modernise and improve the rest of their living accommodation (Long Wards).

Buy-A-Brick Campaign
    The New Infirmary needs 800,000 bricks to be completed and we would like you to help our Appeal by donating some of these bricks. In this way, you can give practical, tangible support to this marvellous new facility which will be seen and used by countless In-Pensioners in generations to come.

1 brick = £5 2 bricks = £10 10 bricks = £50 20 bricks = £100 100 bricks = £500

If you would like to donate, please click below:
  2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

10 more now.
  3. My bricks are in the wall....

Arrsers should look on it as an investment for their potential future care home.... :D
  4. There will be more this lunchtime when I get a few moments! I will also email friends.
  5. Thanks!

Lets see if we can make a difference.
  6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I shall be purchasing some in memory of freinds and family who didn't make it to the care home

Good luck to all the old boys and girls now I see who did
  7. We could end up with arrse corner
  8. Done

All in all, its just another brick in the wall
  9. I used to work in the Kings Road Chelsea and often used to see the 'pensioners' out and about looking their best in there tunics.

Tourists always used to buy them coffees and buns from the local shops and they could always rely on a free pint or two in the pubs round Sloane Square in exchange for an old war story or two.

Just as well they never sussed out they only go up the Kings Rd to ogle the hordes of young fanny you get up there. :D :D
  10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

The best reason for ever joining 21...

In fact possible the only reason..
  11. Another brick only a few hundred thousand to go!
  12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I have had dinner/lunch at the Royal hopsital on a few occasions, so when I get some pennies I will buy some they say...'no such thing as a free lunch' ;)
  13. I've added this to my list of monthly direct debits.

I saw a programme on the TV about them a few years ago and was a bit surprised at their living conditions. My Father was and now my Mother is in a care home and the rooms are private with en-suite facilities with a bit more space than the lads in Chelsea get at the moment. Also there is a need to allow women in, which can't happen at the moment because of the shared ablutions.

35 million is a big target and sounds like they are going to have to virtually rebuild the facilities to meet current care home regulations.

14. One small step for mankind

One giant leap for a Yorkshireman