Should we do the French thing?

wedge_cadman

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
With the looming cuts yet to bite, should we sit back and let it happen?
The French are protesting over pension age being extended and have nearly taken the country to a standstill. Perhaps it's time to take a leaf out of their book when it comes to people power influencing government policy.
The police couldn't cope and the army would be drafted in therefore stifling part of the sdsr.

Balls to the idea, the problem is that the Sheep living in the UK who think X factor and Jordans tits are important have not a clue on just how****ed UK plc is and will be for 15 odd years - unless the UK suddenly starts to produce something the rest of the world wants to buy .

The SDR has shown what dire straits the UK is in , Aircraft carriers without aeroplanes - tits on a fish FFS.

Travelgall

LE
Kit Reviewer
Quite simply - no. The French are Retards who are going slowly bankrupt. I am particularly amused that schoolkids are rioting for the right to pay more taxes to pay the early retirement pensions for that useless idle sack of shit generation called the Baby Boomers.

The French are protesting over pension age being extended and have nearly taken the country to a standstill. Perhaps it's time to take a leaf out of their book when it comes to people power influencing government policy.
The police couldn't cope and the army would be drafted in therefore stifling part of the sdsr.
And then we can print more money to pay for it all?

Travelgall

LE
Kit Reviewer
Mate the frogs would protest over being frogs if both their brain cells ever sparked at the same time. God bless them, being FORCED to (possibly) retire at 62, bloody hell the outrage.
The problem with following their lead vis a vis people power is that as soon as Sainsbury's petrol station ran out of fuel, we would all start moaning and panic buying tins of spam, and at that point give up, cos nobody likes spam! Oh sure it IS a good idea, but we are brits for gods sake, lets just write a strong letter to some T**t instead, or maybe a petition.......

P

PrinceAlbert

I thought you were going to suggest a riot in Paris......I'd have been up for that.

The Jocks are the ones to watch. They remember the Poll Tax and really, really don't like English private schoolboys (or an English grocer's daughter) with their hands in Jock pockets. Plus they suck hard on the public sector tit.

The Jocks are the ones to watch. They remember the Poll Tax and really, really don't like English private schoolboys (or an English grocer's daughter) with their hands in Jock pockets. Plus they suck hard on the public sector tit.
You really are a tit. Oh and its not private, it's public schoolboys. A private school is where you go before Eton...

The South East of England gets more public money per capita than Scotland.

Travelgall

LE
Kit Reviewer
And the UK isn't slowly going bankrupt?
Debt as a percentage of GDP - we're in a much better position. And for all their faults this government has shown a willingness to fix the problem. I will wait for the other cuts annoucement today and then form an opinion.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Debt as a percentage of GDP - we're in a much better position. And for all their faults this government has shown a willingness to fix the problem. I will wait for the other cuts annoucement today and then form an opinion.
Quite:

2010 Deficit as %GDP; National Debt as %GDP

US: -10.7; 65.2
Jpn: -8.2; 104.6
Ger: -5.3; 54.7
Fra: -8.6; 60.7
Itl: -5.4; 100.8
UK: -13.3; 56.2
Can: -5.2; 32.6

figures taken from today's Guardian

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
the Jock's hated the Poll Tax? And the English just loved it I suppose.

Remember Maggie was quite happy to impose the PT on Scotland and do **** all about it.

Things were only changed when the 'Poll Tax Riots' took place in London. She was ****ing quick off the mark to get things changed then!!!

Still, nothing wrong with a bit of Jock Bashing is there, you southern poof!

wedge_cadman

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
What's not shown is the which nation(s) will likely experience growth in GDP.
None of those listed.. try India and China, though why India as a rapidly rising nuclear/space programmed country needs our money in the goverments ring fenced international aid budget is beyond me.

Yes they have poverty, but if they can afford a space programme....

with the looming cuts yet to bite, should we sit back and let it happen?
The french are protesting over pension age being extended and have nearly taken the country to a standstill. Perhaps it's time to take a leaf out of their book when it comes to people power influencing government policy.
definatly yes

wedge_cadman

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I thought you were going to suggest a riot in Paris......I'd have been up for that.
we could make it the ARRSE christmas shopping trip/riot ;-)

It's not really 'people power', in France. It's Union power.

Workers' Unions getting themselves into a lather over breaking the government and bringing Europe to a standstill until we all see the light and go back to Marx, and everyday Frenchmen annoyed that they can't fill up their cars and get to work.

People power is cool, for sure, but that ain't it.