Should we do the French thing?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by wedge_cadman, Oct 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

With the looming cuts yet to bite, should we sit back and let it happen?
    The French are protesting over pension age being extended and have nearly taken the country to a standstill. Perhaps it's time to take a leaf out of their book when it comes to people power influencing government policy.
    The police couldn't cope and the army would be drafted in therefore stifling part of the sdsr.
  2. Balls to the idea, the problem is that the Sheep living in the UK who think X factor and Jordans tits are important have not a clue on just how****ed UK plc is and will be for 15 odd years - unless the UK suddenly starts to produce something the rest of the world wants to buy .

The SDR has shown what dire straits the UK is in , Aircraft carriers without aeroplanes - tits on a fish FFS.
  3. Quite simply - no. The French are Retards who are going slowly bankrupt. I am particularly amused that schoolkids are rioting for the right to pay more taxes to pay the early retirement pensions for that useless idle sack of shit generation called the Baby Boomers.
  4. And then we can print more money to pay for it all?
  5. If the Yanks do it, we will follow suit just to keep our exchange rate competative...

My beef with the Baby Boomers - of which this French thing is entirely related.

Cor! Thanks Dad, or how Generation X has been****ed by the Baby Boomers. :: A Very British Dude
  6. Mate the frogs would protest over being frogs if both their brain cells ever sparked at the same time. God bless them, being FORCED to (possibly) retire at 62, bloody hell the outrage.
    The problem with following their lead vis a vis people power is that as soon as Sainsbury's petrol station ran out of fuel, we would all start moaning and panic buying tins of spam, and at that point give up, cos nobody likes spam! Oh sure it IS a good idea, but we are brits for gods sake, lets just write a strong letter to some T**t instead, or maybe a petition.......
  7. I thought you were going to suggest a riot in Paris......I'd have been up for that.
  8. No point mate, the frogs have already trashed the place. How about Bognor....
  9. The Jocks are the ones to watch. They remember the Poll Tax and really, really don't like English private schoolboys (or an English grocer's daughter) with their hands in Jock pockets. Plus they suck hard on the public sector tit.
  10. Not slowly, no.

All the best,

11. You really are a tit. Oh and its not private, it's public schoolboys. A private school is where you go before Eton...

The South East of England gets more public money per capita than Scotland.
  12. Debt as a percentage of GDP - we're in a much better position. And for all their faults this government has shown a willingness to fix the problem. I will wait for the other cuts annoucement today and then form an opinion.
  13. Or St Paul's.

Never said it didn't. You tit.
  14. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

2010 Deficit as %GDP; National Debt as %GDP

US: -10.7; 65.2
    Jpn: -8.2; 104.6
    Ger: -5.3; 54.7
    Fra: -8.6; 60.7
    Itl: -5.4; 100.8
    UK: -13.3; 56.2
    Can: -5.2; 32.6