Should US try to restore its absolute domination in the World? It is possible?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Jun 16, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. Yes, no doubt and soon the USA will be absolute dominant force.

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
  2. US should try but it is a very hard task that requires much time

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. Rather should but hardly it is possible

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. US absolte domination is in the past and it is better not to spend resource for this hopeless task.

19 vote(s)
    48.7%
  1. I think your slip is showing love.

Have a look at some of the blatant racist comments on DFI for example and you'll get an idea.

If you're trying to say that the 'peace accords' vastly outweigh the ongoing tensions, I agree. However, the tensions are substantive and only recently led to the death of soldiers

More slip showing, but carry on with your agenda, blinkered as it may be

A Russia, China and India union/alliance? That'll be interesting. I won't hold my breath waiting :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Some rants by certain Indian on a forum unknown to even 1 percent of Indians is your proof that Indians hate Pakistanis? Great reasoning.

I surely would as you all do.

3. Fear not! Brexit will soon achieve this dream

• Like Like x 1
    • Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  4. "for example" There's more hits than you can shout at on Indo-Pak racism, but it's there. That's not to say it is widespread and nor does it mean it doesn't exist.
    No doubt. Enjoy the debate :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Whether the Indian people hate the Pakistani people, and vice versa, is largely irrelevant. The Indian elite and the Pakistani elite loath each other, and each has sufficient popular support to carry a sufficient mass of the mob with them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. A few years ago there was an exhibition in Moscow devoted to nuclear energetics. Our firm presented our solution (realised on all Russian nuclear power plants). It involves Israeli made power quality analysers.
    Iranian delegation appeared to be a bit arrogant and left our stand immediately after they heard word 'Israel'. By contrast two middle aged Pakistanis were very nice, open, kind persons in all respects. I asked about their attitude to India and the Indians. They said that in fact both main ethnic groups in both countries have the same roots. Hindi and Urdu are quite close languages. One Pakistani gentleman said that the British used 'divide and rule' approach to create situation similar to one in NI.
    From my point of view Washington continues the policy - divide and rule and not only in Indostan.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Pak Army is the only block between peace when it comes to India and Pakistan.

Ashgar Khan (Former Chief of Air force: Pakistan): India an imagined enemy.
    US clearly offered/offers them all sort of support to keep this imagined enemy at bay since, India refused to ally with them.

If US wanted, it could actually help resolve India-Pakistan issues but they will have no ally in the region and we are economically and militarily not strong enough yet to keep them out of our affairs.

8. IMO it's the Pakistan intelligence service that is the major factor.
    It's way past time the Pak government was given some 'quiet words of advice' about sorting it out, along with a diagram of how unfortunate failing to follow said advice would be.

9. Nope, here's fine, more important than anything you want to lie about.........so, why is Russian cheese so crap? I asked Raisa who runs the local store and she said the Communist smucks couldn't produce dairy products because they were morons......who am I to disagree? By all accounts the Chinese cheese that was found to contain melamine was still tastier and healthier than Russian cheese......Communism kills cheese FACT

putin's war against real cheese....

[​IMG]

Putin's 'cheese war' on Europe leaves bitter taste in St Petersburg

2008 Chinese milk scandal - Wikipedia

British Cheddar - accept no compromise

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. Meanwhile somewhere in Russia.

11. Economically there is no way to keep the number 1 spot on GDP against China unless the USA attack the Chinese economy intentionally. It can be done but with recession in the rest of the world as well.

12. According to the CIA...

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. So Russian economy is 7th largest one. If we exclude the EU as it is not a country, then Russia is 6th, ahead of the UK and France and quite close to Germany.
    It appears that they in CIA are realists.
    Yes, the economic future belongs to China and India. USA/Canada/Europe/Japan/Russia face years of slow growth with sudden recessions.
    It is a cause to forget about (really insignificant) conflicts and to cooperate more closely in economic sphere for mutual benefit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. GTFO of Ukrainian territory, pay Ukraine reparations for the illegal invasion & annexation of Crimea, the destruction of much of eastern Ukraine & the deaths of thousands of Ukrainian citizens.
    Then after a suitable interval, trade talks might begin.

• Like Like x 1
  15. It depends what the USA want, if they want world egemony or only money. They could start an economic war against China and kill the Chinese momentum and rise. It would be expensive for the USA but they would keep their superpower position. If they want only ready money they will accept to lose their egemony as China's money will turn into a Chinese superpower military soon