Should there be mandatory training to have children?

Should there be a minimum qualification level in care and wellbeing for anyone about to be a parent?

• Yes

Votes: 70 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 11.4%

• Total voters

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
So it's been a particularly brutal day in work and I've seen things today I never wanted to see.

My question is simple:

Should the mother to be and any applicable partner during pregnancy be made, by law, to complete a training course in basic parenting?

Effectively, achieve a basic qualification to care for and raise a child in a responsible manner?

This would include such areas as:

1. How to wash your child and maintain basic hygiene
  2. How to feed and provide nourishment
  3. How to care for the child in the home and provide a safe environment
  4. How to talk and communicate with your child
  5. The impact of drink and drugs on a child's mental and physical health
  6. Child deaths - the avoidable mistakes
If you failed to attend or failed to complete the course to a satisfactory level, it would be the first flag for the NHS / Social Work Services to sit up and take notice of you and provide that extra support and guidance or take measures to protect the child.

There are many reasons why I fully support this concept, which I'll go into in more detail tomorrow.

For now, I'm going to lie down in a quiet room and try to mind block the last twelve hours. It's been one of those days where it's hard not to start crying.

The sort of people who need training are surely the least likely to turn up to a parenting course...unless you take any child benefits away for non attendance but I can't see the woke massive allowing that

I feel like that after watching the contestants on the Jeremy Kyle show to be honest.
A continuous stream of shitty people making more shitty people.

Knowing what you do for a living I dread to think what you've experienced today to motivate this thread.
Pour a glass, or maybe another glass, stick something banal on the box and switch off the day.

Do I think we should implement such a scheme? No.
Do we need something so severe to help create a better society? Yes, I think we're heading into a massive decline.

In theory, probably yes.

In reality, it’s much more fun to wing it. The results are equally alarming either way.

I have 5 boys, all got through puberty ok. Job jobbed. :)

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
So it's been a particularly brutal day in work and I've seen things today I never wanted to see.

My question is simple:

Should the mother to be and any applicable partner during pregnancy be made, by law, to complete a training course in basic parenting?

Effectively, achieve a basic qualification to care for and raise a child in a responsible manner?

If you failed to attend or failed to complete the course to a satisfactory level, it would be the first flag for the NHS / Social Work Services to sit up and take notice of you and provide that extra support and guidance or take measures to protect the child.

There are many reasons why I fully support this concept, which I'll go into in more detail tomorrow.

For now, I'm going to lie down in a quiet room and try to mind block the last twelve hours. It's been one of those days where it's hard not to start crying.
Did you have to give the child boots and/or a watch? There really should be some sort of test but how you'd enforce it God knows.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru

My question is simple:

I’ve enough problems looking after myself never mind kids, they’d never get to school but would be trained in sparking up cigs and fetching cans from the fridge.
Who actually wants them when contraception is free? They’re a drain on resources, stink, shit themselves and whine.

I'm fine with this, so long as those who fail/fail to attend are turned into Soylent Green compulsorily & permanently sterilised.

I’ve enough problems looking after myself never mind kids, they’d never get to school but would be trained in sparking up cigs and fetching cans from the fridge.
Who actually wants them when contraception is free? They’re a drain on resources, stink, shit themselves and whine.
Dad, but we buried you.......

They might attend a course but that don't mean they'll do a good job afterwards...

Some just couldn't be arsed with the bother of it all.

..... but Jeremy Kyle would run out of people to point at.

Oh wait ...

Sadly, some see them as a means to a bigger social cheque every week.

@MrBane don't let it get to you, I know it's hard but, you cannot carry the worlds problems on your shoulders. Do what you can, when you can and just hope it helps mate.

Licence to breed made mandatory before getting up the duff. Criteria would include the ability to care for and educate the child. Failure to get the chitty first results in mandatory sterilisation for both parents and their DNA going on file for future reference.

They're hot on licensing other arbitrary shit like using an aircraft radio or bothering fish in a canal so why not do something about the really important stuff?

My question is simple:

I've come to the conclusion there should be some sort of reversible sterilisation at birth. See how they develop,Then maybe. Just maybe if they insist on breeding.Reverse it..:rolleyes:

Lead by example, all adults should be required to endure the rigours of childhood themselves, then they would understand how to interact with and care for their offspring.

What we need is a good war, then we could make use of this over abundance of uneducated,feral cannon fodder they have always been with us, currently they are over breeding and causing problems.

My question is simple:

Put these 2 in charge of the course, they’ll teach you everything you need to know about ‘good parenting’

1555134324888.jpeg