should there be a Londons bored, sorry, board?

Anyone else board, sorry bored, with every thread about the future of the TA/TA infantry/TA/anything to do with the colour green turning into a game of Atari tennis between various Londons?
It's not as if the rest of the TA gives a toss what colour stable belt 'cockney w@nker coy' might have to wear or about 'mile end tube coy' and their hackle battle.
Come on guys, give it a rest, and stop slagging each other off. We're board.

:lol:

Who are you calling a cockney w*nker, you northern monkey!!!!

Quite right, point taken, I'm tired of it too. Lets talk about flowers and kittens. AND WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are you calling a cockney w*nker, you northern monkey!!!!

Quite right, point taken, I'm tired of it too. Lets talk about flowers and kittens. AND WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stabtastic,
Fair one. Alternatively, why don't we apply for EU funding to bring the national grid and the internet "oop North".
That way we'd get to hear more from the rest of your guys too...

Us northeners are just as passionate about our heritage (cue continued calls for People's Democratic Republic of Yorkshire)

We too have multi-cap badged regiments who do not allways see eye to eye but we choose not to continuosly wash our dirt linen in public.

Anyway, about those lancastrian scum.... :D

dee boo di boo di boo dee dooo, bom bom bom, be do bedo bedo.....

sorry, lapsing into 'Ilkley Moor Baht At' there. Don't mind me, carry on with the inter-badge squabbling.

I've analysed this and I'm sure that someone in the old 4 RGJ must have set up an automatic spam-machine that posts every time the keyword 'TA' or 'London' appears.

So you're the one. I bet you don't even know your computer sends these messages do you? In fact perhaps you don't even exist. Even now it's searching for those keywords and is getting ready to spam a thread...

Big_Al said:
Us northeners are just as passionate about our heritage (cue continued calls for People's Democratic Republic of Yorkshire)

We too have multi-cap badged regiments who do not allways see eye to eye but we choose not to continuosly wash our dirt linen in public.

Anyway, about those lancastrian scum.... :D
easy compo.... :D

lancslad

Bogislandlives - I might be out now but my opinion does count. As a member of the Regimental Association I, along with all the other ex members, have been invited to comment on the future of the regiment - both Reg & TA. The RHQ and Colonel in Chief recognise that there is a bigger say from ex members than serving, and as such will have a bigger influence.

Argghh!!!"£!$%&%^&*^*&

Reading a book about the TA at the mo, just finished a Londons chapter ..... guess what was next ... another bloomin Londons chapter .......

p.s. The description of the Queen Victorias Rifles actions in Calais was excellent... Gentlemen, the ninth

Bogger - to you its nonsense but to the rest of mankind its called a sense of humour! :lol:

Of course I'm not up to date - I'm out know, but that's why I ask questions. Mind you, from the standard of posts, both reg and TA I think that I'm more up to date than some.

As for a London's Board, why not? Members past and present are obviousely willing to discuss their future openly and so far the posts have been honest and to the point.

I am glad that they had two very successful tours of Iraq, despite the differences posted on ARRSE. That goes to show that a TA soldier can do the job no matter the circumstances and take orders from whoever is in command.

However the future structure of the Army allows for TA Inf Bns to support their larger regiments and the sooner the MoD let the TA know what is going on the sooner people will get down to sorting it out. The time delay is only making matters worse by fuelling gossip and speculation.

While many of Shakespeare's original papers have long been lost, some associated documents are held in the National Archives. In one, his publishers suggest a change to the Henry Fifth 'eve of Agincourt' scene.

"We find greatte merit in the sceene where the Kinge visitted his troups, whilst disguising his raiments with a hoodie of ruff cloth. The exchainges between Captaines Fluellen, Jamy, MacMorris bring notice of the citizennry to the many and diverse ethicic minorities within ye army, and to their humorre.

And yet, we would counsel you to rid the sceene of the Londonniers, as theyre discourse is both foulle and without purpose. If may be thine intent to currie favour with those lower creatures at the Rose theatre, but it will carry no weitt elsewhere. Yore greatte Public will loose theyre interest when theese knaves repeat theyre boorish drivvel without hindrance of comeddie.

You will have in yore recall our advice on a character in yoore 'Dreme' play, where yoore belated adoption of the name 'Bottom' playyed a bigg part in its success. Ye public was not ready for a creature named "Arce", certanely not if the spellinge is yet being much debaited."

Some things don't change, it seems