• Yes, at all times

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • No, the current policy is good enough

Votes: 72 50.0%
  • No, they should never carry firearms at all

Votes: 24 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In the UK, how many people have been killed by terrorists in the last 10 years?

I count 2 (or 3 if you count perpetrators).
Which is why I find it odd the Home Officer has to mount these immense fire power displays for CT.....

And then ignore endemic knife crime. Which has killed people. Probably more a year than 7/7 I would imagine.

I have never said cops should be armed CT. I have said they should be equipped with TASER due to standard threat.

The Pol Fed (who are as much use as a chocolate teapot) tried to get TaSER playing the CT card, and see what good that has done.

Yeah just re-read that.

I should leave the remaining ones in the fridge, clearly.

bojangles

Old-Salt
I think .. for what it's worth, that the point is being missed. Knife crime has no correlation to a group of active shooters.
The original question was should UK police be armed. I want to ask the question.. how can un-armed Officers seriously respond to an active multiple shooter scenario ? I'm from the UK but now work as a copper in Canada. I was directly involved in the shooting here at the Canadian Parliament.. I just can't understand what would an un- armed Officer bring to the table. I'm not saying this to push any buttons, I'm interested in peoples point of view.

I think .. for what it's worth, that the point is being missed. Knife crime has no correlation to a group of active shooters.
The original question was should UK police be armed. I want to ask the question.. how can un-armed Officers seriously respond to an active multiple shooter scenario ? I'm from the UK but now work as a copper in Canada. I was directly involved in the shooting here at the Canadian Parliament.. I just can't understand what would an un- armed Officer bring to the table. I'm not saying this to push any buttons, I'm interested in peoples point of view.
The reality is that british society is so anally retarded when it comes to firearms that they would rather take the chance and except greater loses to an event - which in reality is highly unlikely to happen - rather than accept the need and moral obligation to carry a tool that could stop or reduce loss of life, sighting reasons of cost and it all turning into a police state because of those evil nasty guns, and the coppers don't want guns because they are afraid of inanimate metal objects. Unarmed coppers can do nothing but watch in an active shooter situation - people will look at them expecting them to DO something but they wont be able to (which is fair enough)

Roger Out

War Hero
In light of three attacks by nutters in the UK this year, is it time we realised that it's no longer 1950s Britain anymore and arming all plod is about time?

Of course no PM or Home Secretary wants to go down in history as the one who armed the police as its seen as failure.
For some reason the British seem to make firearms a massive issue, when in many other countries it's not a big issue.

HSF

LE
from SOME of thr armed pólice we have seen on video & real life I really do wander about the elitist conoctations with some current training methods.You can see some of them as real posers especially airports

4(T)

LE
I wondered whether this thread would be resurrected.

Its quite sobering how much the security landscape has changed in the past eighteen months or so since the thread was opened. Probably the poll needs to be closed and second iteration posted. It would be interesting to see if the balance of views has changed.

Its quite sobering how much the security landscape has changed in the past eighteen months or so since the thread was opened. Probably the poll needs to be closed and second iteration posted. It would be interesting to see if the balance of views has changed.
The antis are fully entrenched - unless it affected them directly...

I see that the poll was closed on 16 Sep 2015. Not sure how to add a second poll. I think it may be possible to re-open this one, as I have edit permissions and could un-check the relevant box. I'm open to suggestions.

I see that the poll was closed on 16 Sep 2015. Not sure how to add a second poll. I think it may be possible to re-open this one, as I have edit permissions and could un-check the relevant box. I'm open to suggestions.
Start a new thread based on recent events and the challenges now facing mainland police.

From today's Telegraph. In summary, two people were shot dead in London on Monday. One, a would-be assassin who shot himself dead by accident...
Anyway, the head of firearms at the NCA told the Telegraph:
'The challenge at the border is the sheer volume of the [gun smuggling] operation. When a gun is coming in as a fast parcel, how can we find that? It's a needle in a haystack'
He also said there was a 'fluid supply' of guns, and that the police were finding it hard to control. The guns come from eastern Europe, through the Netherlands or Belgium, into the UK. East Coast ports I imagine.

From today's Telegraph. In summary, two people were shot dead in London on Monday. One, a would-be assassin who shot himself dead by accident...
Anyway, the head of firearms at the NCA told the Telegraph:
'The challenge at the border is the sheer volume of the [gun smuggling] operation. When a gun is coming in as a fast parcel, how can we find that? It's a needle in a haystack'
He also said there was a 'fluid supply' of guns, and that the police were finding it hard to control. The guns come from eastern Europe, through the Netherlands or Belgium, into the UK. East Coast ports I imagine.

All fast parcel service comes in via two depots I seem to recall....

A Customs type can correct me, as I have been out a while (obviously I am only discussing Open Source knowledge).

I did multiple controlled deliveries based on fast parcel interception (for drugs, firearms and other weapons), so obviously the world has changed out of all proportion?

All fast parcel service comes in via two depots I seem to recall....

A Customs type can correct me, as I have been out a while (obviously I am only discussing Open Source knowledge).

I did multiple controlled deliveries based on fast parcel interception (for drugs, firearms and other weapons), so obviously the world has changed out of all proportion?
The last seized/missed ratio I heard was 5% of smuggled items of all types seized. That was some years ago - 10 to be exact. I don't know the current estimated ratio. If it is even slightly close to that for firearms, it is concerning.

Latest Threads