Should the UK just become a state of the USA?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Matematik, Jan 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Being part of the EU is futile for this country, most Europeans hate our guts and frankly want nothing to do with us. We're just a bit of extra cash for the EU, all their policies seem set up to prevent us from taking advantages of the benefits of the union and generally speaking many Europeans regards the British as being far removed from continental Europe and frankly see us as being exactly the same as Americans.

We'd be better to just become a state of the USA and adopt the dollar. Inevitably we're eventually going to be using the Euro, a currency even more alien to us than the Dollar.

Frankly I don't see why we even joined. When the EU was founded De Gaulle did all he could to keep us out of it, claiming that our natural alligence is with America and not Europe, and he was right. Our natural alligence is not with the Frogs or the Kruats, they're alien to us.

Our alligence lies with the Commonwealth and the USA. We should have never destroyed those ties to go into union with some bitter continentals whose union is institutionally againgst us and is frankly a crap deal for us.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yawn. Why do they even bother letting you out your box?

3. We are already aren't w...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

4. A pathetic question.

I agree that joining the EU was a mistake and we should leave it soonest, but I do not see us joining the Euro as recent events have shown it is not a good idea.

However, wanting to become a state of the US is just stupidity and frankly only a mongaloid would think of it.

5. Wrong,,,De Gaulle was long gone at the creation of the EU (1993),,In De Gaulle's time it was the EEC and EAEC (Euratom) otherwise known as the Common Market,,De Gaulle did not object solely to the UK joining but objected to the expansion of the group by three more countries Ireland,Denmark and UK including Gibraltar.....

Little known fact,,,Greenland is the only country to vote to leave the EU in 1985.....

However I do agree with your gist,,The UK has no future in the EU......

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Why should we become a State within the USofA?

By the same token there is no reason why they should not suborn themselves to our Sovereign parliament (again! :) ), and become the fifth country/province in Great Britain.

• Like Like x 3
  7. The US of A is rapidly turning into a medieval theocracy. No thanks.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Now please go away or at least remove your head dobber!

9. images (1).jpg

10. You are fuckwit and a total oxygen thief. Go away. We have a lot more in common with Europeans than we do with the spams any day. Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark etc. are all proof that you can go it alone and take part in what you feel that it is mutually (or exclusively) beneficial.

11. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I don't think the UK should become part of the USA. I d'o think that an independent Scotland should seek to become a member of NAFTA and should seek similar arrangements with Australia, NZ, and other commonwealth countries.

Joining EFTA and having a free trade agreement with England would also be useful.

12. Don't you just hate bored journos! Still with no grieving parents phones to tap into, what can they do?

13. ehwhat

ehwhat Old-Salt Book Reviewer

From one extreme to another? Why not simply be Britain? The benefits of the EU were never very good and have become very sparse. The benefits of the US are even less. This is the Intelligence Cell, not the Lack of Intelligence Cell.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sorry to be pedantic AY. But that would be the United Kingdom. Great Britain only has 3 countries/provinces :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. I wish we would become part of Australia , I`d then move to Cairns without all the immigration visa crap :)