Should the UK join the US in an attack on Syria?

Should the UK join the US in an attack on Syria? NOT Boots on the ground.

• On reflection - yes. CW are vile and their use cannot go unpunished.

Votes: 67 35.1%
  • On reflection - no. None of our business, not in our AOR.

Votes: 124 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As we gave the Russians several days NTM which surely was passed on to their chums the Syrians then surely the Syrians got all their lads in white coats and the naughty naughty toys out of the target area lickety split? We sent several squillions worth of HE all the way there to knock over some empty buildings. Might it have been cheaper methinks, to have legally acquired the buildings and had them demolished by a local contractor in an environmentally responsible manner? Surely this would have achieved an identical result without the lefties hopping up and down querying the legality of the strike, saved some MOD cash and av gas and not had a Syrian rent-a-chant gang lu-luing excitedly about a Syrian victory. Win win I’d say. But what do I know

Don't shoot the messenger. But I think they are about as newsworthy as the BBC.
I believe that response may be why I queried you believing them newsworthy. BBC to me may be biased, but they are more than happy to show detrimental stories about the U.K. the U.K. govt and U.K. policy overseas and in the U.K. RT do none of that, in fact they promote all Russian actions

Last edited:
As we gave the Russians several days NTM which surely was passed on to their chums the Syrians then surely the Syrians got all their lads in white coats and the naughty naughty toys out of the target area lickety split? We sent several squillions worth of HE all the way there to knock over some empty buildings. Might it have been cheaper methinks, to have legally acquired the buildings and had them demolished by a local contractor in an environmentally responsible manner? Surely this would have achieved an identical result without the lefties hopping up and down querying the legality of the strike, saved some MOD cash and av gas and not had a Syrian rent-a-chant gang lu-luing excitedly about a Syrian victory. Win win I’d say. But what do I know
Dunford, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff said there’d been no movement of personnel or CW from the sites hit during the Pentagon briefing on Friday evening, Saturday morning in the UK

Good grief.

Are you eight years old?

And we all assume you know that Assad is still winning against a 70 nation coalition of the willing and legions of western-funded jihadis?

After 7 years of war, Assad has won in Syria. What’s next for Washington?
How Assad 'won the war'
Israel sees Assad winning Syria war, urges more U.S. involvement
Why Assad is winning the war in Syria
Assad is defiant as U.S.-led strikes in Syria show no sign of threatening his hold on power
Opinion | To save Syrians, let Assad win
Why Assad Will Win | HuffPost
Syria may be in ruins, but it looks like Assad 'has won the war militarily'
The Syrian war is ending – Assad has won

1 week before The White Helmets started the rumour the Trump was on the brink of sacking it in Syria.
What better time to CW a location that had already been taken and giving the school bully carte blanche to start-up all over again?

I'm surprised you're not parroting the latest crap that Lavrov (your Foreign Minister) came out with earlier.
To save confusion over which crap, the crap regarding the Swiss laboratory appointed by the OPCW to test the Novichok samples that you Russians used in a murder attempt in Salisbury.
Maybe even you aren't gullible enough to believe what Lavrov says?
You Russians really are stupid.
Russia, a country run by criminals (& idiots) for the benefit of criminals (& idiots).

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Do you just fling a load of irrelevant sentences together and post them?

I assume you know about sanctions against Russia and when the latest ones were? Who they target? What stops international sanctions against Assad’s regime and stops OPCW reports attributing blame?

Assad said he’d ‘won’ in November last year:
You tube, you’re quoting YouTube at me as a source.
That’s super.
What Assad said last November is irrelevant (it’s a big grey thing, with big ears in the centre of the room)

It’s where he is now. I’m sorry if this doesn’t fit your views and preconceptions( I’m being polite).

Where he is now, he is not in serious trouble. Where his Allies are, they are not really bothered.
The rebels, that’s a different thing altogether. I suspect that’s not a great place.
I’m sorry if this is difficult to understand, but I can’t draw pictures.

Come and give me grief when it’s other, otherwise I suspect it’s going to get embarrassing.

You tube, you’re quoting YouTube at me as a source.
That’s super.
What Assad said last November is irrelevant (it’s a big grey thing, with big ears in the centre of the room)

It’s where he is now. I’m sorry if this doesn’t fit your views and preconceptions( I’m being polite).

Where he is now, he is not in serious trouble. Where his Allies are, they are not really bothered.
The rebels, that’s a different thing altogether. I suspect that’s not a great place.
I’m sorry if this is difficult to understand, but I can’t draw pictures.

Come and give me grief when it’s other, otherwise I suspect it’s going to get embarrassing.
You do understand what YouTube is?

Your point was he’d won (yet again). You now realise he has a lot more work to do. Thank you for realising

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
You don’t think there are any sanctions on Russia?

Bless - you really don’t know what you are talking about. Just a drip crying on about putting people’s ‘children in harms way’
I write it here. It comes out different there. There’s nothing I can do about that.
I’m talking sanctions that matter.

I meant actions that hurt. Not purile window dressing to salve an ego. Nor hugely expensive out of date munitions that go bang, with no real effect at the far end.

Not that l’m advocating poor dead bastards out in the desert anybody’s desert, anybody’s people. Especially those in no position to do us any harm.

What’s your point and no, I’m not helping crowdfund your holiday in Turkey.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
You do understand what YouTube is?

Your point was he’d won (yet again). You now realise he has a lot more work to do. Thank you for realising
I didn’t say he’d won, I’ve no idea what he was doing last November (nor do I care). I’ve said he’s winning, was, as soon as the Iranians and Russia pitched in.
That’s a fact, It matters not whether you like it or not.

It’s what we are looking at now and what we are looking at, is not.......now a rebel/freedom fighters/ insurgent/terrorist victory
Again, when it’s over. (Not other) come and give me grief when the rebels win.

I’m not holding my breath. No hurry.

I didn’t say he’d won, I’ve no idea what he was doing last November (nor do I care). I’ve said he’s winning, was, as soon as the Iranians and Russia pitched in.
That’s a fact, It matters not whether you like it or not.
You need to read your posts when you’ve either taken your meds or you’ve sobered up. You’ve said he’s won, then there’s only rebels left

It’s what we are looking at now and what we are looking at, is not.......now a rebel/freedom fighters/ insurgent/terrorist victory
Again, when it’s over. (Not other) come and give me grief when the rebels win.
What you need to do is realise what it is you’ve said.
I’m not holding my breath. No hurry.
Have a look at your previous posts on what you’ve said. Even somebody who’s a bit of an expert on the civil war and pro Assad has said you’re wrong

I write it here. It comes out different there. There’s nothing I can do about that.
I’m talking sanctions that matter.

I meant actions that hurt. Not purile window dressing to salve an ego. Nor hugely expensive out of date munitions that go bang, with no real effect at the far end.

Not that l’m advocating poor dead bastards out in the desert anybody’s desert, anybody’s people. Especially those in no position to do us any harm.

What’s your point and no, I’m not helping crowdfund your holiday in Turkey.

You don’t think sanctions hurt Russia?

Funnily enough the financial times disagree - but I’m sure you know much better.

You think there is no weapon effect?

You are making it up as you go along. Probably whilst sobbing quietly about pilots ‘in harms way’

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
You don’t think sanctions hurt Russia?

Funnily enough the financial times disagree - but I’m sure you know much better.

You think there is no weapon effect?

You are making it up as you go along. Probably whilst sobbing quietly about pilots ‘in harms way’
Of course I’m making it up as I go along.

Any pilots hurt, anyone get zapped. No, you know why, what was getting hit was already marked and painted.

Anything expensive broke?
Anyone hurt, anyone important, irreplaceable and unsyryian hurt?

Wise up. Again, how come the russkies didnt fire at our aircraft and incoming?
Because they haven’t got any missiles?
Because the missiles don’t work?

Of course I’m making it up as I go along.

Any pilots hurt, anyone get zapped. No, you know why, what was getting hit was already marked and painted.

Anything expensive broke?
Anyone hurt, anyone important, irreplaceable and unsyryian hurt?

Do you ever look at your posts in the morning when you’re sober and think WTF???

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Do you ever look at your posts in the morning when you’re sober and think WTF???
Do I have to be drunk to agree with your point of view?
That seems like too much trouble

I tell you what, come and annoy me when the rebels/terrorists/ freedom fighters/insurgents/ isis.AQ/assorted loonies take over Syria.*

(*Preemptive, timely and not totally unexpected whacking by Israel not included)

Do I have to be drunk to agree with your point of view?
That seems like too much trouble

I tell you what, come and annoy me when the rebels/terrorists/ freedom fighters/insurgents/ isis.AQ/assorted loonies take over Syria.*

(*Preemptive, timely and not totally unexpected whacking by Israel not included)
I mean you make repeatedly contrary statements. Do you look at previous posts when sober and realise what you’ve posted?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I mean you make repeatedly contrary statements. Do you look at previous posts when sober and realise what you’ve posted?
That’s a perception, you’re welcome to. But I’ll paraphrase it.
Assad doesn’t look like he’s losing and won’t while the Iranians and the Russians are there.

His allies don’t look like they’re in a hurry to leave.

The freedom fighters/ rebels whatever you call them were always a forlorn hope. A romantic arab/alaouite spring which was always in doubt.
Western intervention, well, while admirable, sort of pointless.

The Izzy’s aren’t going to like a Sunni state at the base of the GH. Forget like, it’s hoplessly optimistic. It’s still highly unlikely.

I’m really impressed that I’m still able to post coherently so late in the evening. (It’s late?
Are you my mum.? It’s not like I have school in the morning)
I’m sorry you don’t like it.
And I’m being polite.

But, hey, point out where I’m wrong, when I’m wrong.

That’s a perception, you’re welcome to. But I’ll paraphrase it.
Assad doesn’t look like he’s losing and won’t while the Iranians and the Russians are there.

His allies don’t look like they’re in a hurry to leave.

The freedom fighters/ rebels whatever you call them were always a forlorn hope. A romantic arab/alaouite spring which was always in doubt.
Western intervention, well, while admirable, sort of pointless.

The Izzy’s aren’t going to like a Sunni state at the base of the GH. Forget like, it’s hoplessly optimistic. It’s still highly unlikely.

I’m really impressed that I’m still able to post coherently so late in the evening. (It’s late?
Are you my mum.? It’s not like I have school in the morning)
I’m sorry you don’t like it.
And I’m being polite.

But, hey, point out where I’m wrong, when I’m wrong.
I couldn’t care less whether you think I like it or not but you contradict yourself most of the time.

That was the clearest to the truth you’ve posted, albeit dependant whether Assad goes north or south.

Just a question, where do you think the 3.5 to 5 million or so refugees in Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan etc. are going to go when Assad has ‘won’? Oh, and who pays for the reconstruction? While I’m here, have you read UNSC Resolution 2254?

Security Council Unanimously Adopts Resolution 2254 (2015), Endorsing Road Map for Peace Process in Syria, Setting Timetable for Talks | Meetings Coverage and Press Releases

Well yes and no..........were any of the targets vital to Russian interests ? Most likely not, thus would it be worth it to turn on you pretty brand new vaunted AD system and have all the electronic signals be scooped up by US/NATO Intell ? Would firing a missile give up threat vectors/flight envelopes ?

The smart thing to do was remain passive knowing they weren’t coming for you (while you massage the ego of your client who really can’t protest too much).

I also think the Russians can’t “read” Trump (hell half of the U.S. cant read him !) he is unpredictable and it probably scares the shit out of them (yes, I know, there will be incoming now from the Russian Troll Machine.......) the Russian ships left Syrian ports in a hurry, IMHO not wanting to be sitting ducks or trapped in harbor if the U.S. mined them (Haiphong, Vietnam 1972 Operation Pocket Money).

I noticed Storm Shadow had been used against Syria...a couple of years ago I was doing some work for a company in Essex that developed Storm Shadow and holds the licence for Javelin. They were telling me that often they found rats (remote access tools) and on one occasion not long ago had confronted someone who had accessed a restricted area who when confronted took on couple of security and escaped.

Because they'd been told "Fire out our a/c and stand by for a whole can of whooparse"?

Because Russia is furious with Assad for using CW and don't care if his facilities get destroyed?

Latest Threads