Should the UK join the US in an attack on Syria?

Should the UK join the US in an attack on Syria? NOT Boots on the ground.

• On reflection - yes. CW are vile and their use cannot go unpunished.

Votes: 67 35.1%
  • On reflection - no. None of our business, not in our AOR.

Votes: 124 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Like it was over a year ago? Or a different type of over?

You clearly don’t understand diplomacy. Don’t worry - it’s quite hard. Basically Russia thought it could act however it wanted almost anywhere - a broad coalition of people showed him he couldn’t. It’s considered a slap in the face for him.

I’d be equally at risk of being ‘put in harms way’ or other vacuous phrases. Just because my worldview isn’t as limp wristed as yours don’t dive into hyperbole - it demands whatever Little argument you have.

What was ‘over’ a year ago. Assad. A bit optimistic there.

Has Assad’s position and grip on power lessened in any way in the last year. Are the Iranians looking shaky and wanting to go home?

Do the Russians look like mothballing their new deep water naval base?

Diplomacy isn’t that difficult, we used to be really good at it. We only made it look easy. (Don’t let the current Brexit screw ups depress you. It’ll work out. Probably not in the way you want, but, you can’t have everything)

All a broad coalition of people did was trade diplomats and various office staff.

You’ll know when it’s serious. We’ll start putting in financial and travel and trade sanctions. (And hope they don’t do it back, some of our broad coalition will not be so keen)

Have the Russians lost any materiel or personnel in Trumps actions, I’d seriously doubt it given 6 days notice. If it was anything other than a stunt, why give all that notice that we were coming.

We didnt give six days notice to Baghdad. (The only notice I got was, don’t go home, yet)

Being ‘put in harms way’ is not a vacuous phrase, certainly not when you’re one of the ones in it. I appreciate your keenness in going. I don’t think you’ll be needed.
But if you’re so keen.
Good luck.

Has Assad’s position and grip on power lessened in any way in the last year. Are the Iranians looking shaky and wanting to go home?

Diplomacy isn’t that difficult, we used to be really good at it. We only made it look easy. (Don’t let the current Brexit screw ups depress you. It’ll work out. Probably not in the way you want, but, you can’t have everything)

All a broad coalition of people did was trade diplomats and various office staff.

You’ll know when it’s serious. We’ll start putting in financial and travel and trade sanctions. (And hope they don’t do it back, some of our broad coalition will not be so keen)

Have the Russians lost any materiel or personnel in Trumps actions, I’d seriously doubt it given 6 days notice. If it was anything other than a stunt, why give all that notice that we were coming.

We didnt give six days notice to Baghdad. (The only notice I got was, don’t go home, yet)

Being ‘put in harms way’ is not a vacuous phrase, certainly not when you’re one of the ones in it. I appreciate your keenness in going. I don’t think you’ll be needed.
But if you’re so keen.
Good luck.
You don’t think there are any sanctions on Russia?

Bless - you really don’t know what you are talking about. Just a drip crying on about putting people’s ‘children in harms way’

I had no idea that A5 had geographic limits.
Hence not called, but we did get help anyway, in the Falklands:

Article 5

The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognised by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.

Any such armed attack and all measures taken as a result thereof shall immediately be reported to the Security Council. Such measures shall be terminated when the Security Council has taken the measures necessary to restore and maintain international peace and security .

You know, years from now, our kids will learn about the extent of the Russian invasion of the internet, “The Great Russian Troll Factory” or what have you. Not only on this this forum but several others I’m part of. I understand it’s hard to not engage sometimes, but like when I dealt with the Black Israelites (a group that would proselytize on a street corner, basically saying everyone else was shit except them). When I would get called to the scene and there was a large, angry crowd I would tell people “don’t you see, they want you to stop and engage, if you ignore them and pretend they are not there, they eventually pack-up and move along.” (I admit I used to sometimes sit there and test all the sirens on my marked police car ;);).......I mean I had to make sure my equipment worked !!!!)

You're wrong.

Largest Syrian rebel group starts leaving Damascus enclave
The Latest: Russia says rebels are leaving Syria's Douma

View attachment 330990
This photo released by the Syrian official news agency SANA, shows Syrian government forces overseeing the evacuation by bus of Army of Islam fighters from the besieged town of Douma, just east of Damascus, Syria, Monday, April 2, 2018.
(AP)

Philip Issa Associated Press

The most powerful Syrian rebel faction on the fringes of Damascus began abandoning its stronghold in the once rebel-held enclave of eastern Ghouta on Monday, in the final chapter of the government's relentless offensive to fully retake the area after seven years of revolt.
The first fighters from the Army of Islam left the town of Douma in the morning hours as part of an evacuation deal that will hand the town to the Syrian government, reported the state SANA news agency.
The rebels were headed to Jarablus, a town in northern Syria where control of the territory is shared between Syrian rebels and Turkish forces.
The Syrian government dispatched more than 50 buses to Douma to take the rebels out, SANA reported. By midday, only a handful had left for the north in three buses.

There was no immediate comment from the Army of Islam. The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which monitors the civil war through a network of activists on the ground, also reported the evacuation.
Rami Abdurrahman, the Observatory's director, said some factions within the Army of Islam oppose evacuating and effectively surrendering Douma to the government of President Bashar Assad.

The deal over Douma would mark the end of a weeks-long push by Assad's forces to consolidate their control over eastern Ghouta, just outside the capital.
Douma was one of the earliest centers of the anti-government demonstrations that swept through the country in March 2011. Syrian government forces responded by putting the town and other suburbs around Damascus under siege, bombing hospitals and residential areas, and blocking the entry of food and medical relief.

Local activists have said that over 100,000 civilians were trapped inside Douma, which suffered devastating damage.
The most recent Syrian air and ground offensive on eastern Ghouta, supported Russia's military, has killed at least 1,600 people, according to the Observatory. More than 120,000 others have fled their homes and sought safety with the government, according to Russia's military operation in Syria.
Russia is a key backer of Assad.
Over the past weeks, as Syrian forces reclaimed towns and villages in eastern Ghouta, they gave rebels and all men of fighting age the choice of accepting amnesty and serving in the Syrian military conscription, or leaving to go to the north of Syria. Thousands chose the north, taking with them their families.

More than 40,000 Syrian rebels and their family members have relocated to rebel-held north Syria, according to the Russian military.
Turkey, with support from rebels, is running its own military operations against a U.S.-backed Kurdish militia in northern Syria, which controls territory along the frontier.
On Sunday, the Syrian government-linked Central Military Media outlet said that once the evacuations are completed, a local council for Douma will be formed with the approval of the central government.

They started being coached-out on the Sunday and the CW event happened the following Saturday.
Which part of ‘after the CW attack’ are you having difficulty with?

You ask me a question and I answer it providing 3 links pertaining to the fact plus supposed accurate testimony from the Coventry semi-detached one-man band......
'There was no immediate comment from the Army of Islam. The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which monitors the civil war through a network of activists on the ground, also reported the evacuation.
Rami Abdurrahman, the Observatory's director, said some factions within the Army of Islam oppose evacuating and effectively surrendering Douma to the government of President Bashar Assad.
'

......and you completely ignore everything as it may interfere with your conditioning?
UI
View attachment 330994
I’ve asked you dozens of times about the JIM and four Russian vetoes of it. Your irony is like silvery and goldy

The same way as the BBC and Sky and other MSM maybe?

Ex-Dir UKSF using logic, common-sense and critical-thinking?
Bang goes your knighthood.

Ex UK ambo to Damascus using logic, common-sense and critical thinking?
You were never going to get a knighthood anyway.

Former head of the RN, Admiral Lord West also using logic, common sense and critical-thinking?

US congressman using logic,common-sense and critical-thinking?
From last years supposed event just on the eve of the peace talks when Assad had a ... 'You know even though I'm coming out on top I'll just cross the line-in-the-sane and give the US an excuse to hit me'...moment.
Watch the anchor's face- priceless.

There's nothing like keeping informed is there Toasted_Giant?
Peter Ford is paid by the Assad regime.

As I'm pretty sure you know.

Go away.

Former UK ambassador linked to Assad lobby group

You're wrong.

The Latest: Russia says rebels are leaving Syria's Douma

View attachment 330990
This photo released by the Syrian official news agency SANA, shows Syrian government forces overseeing the evacuation by bus of Army of Islam fighters from the besieged town of Douma, just east of Damascus, Syria, Monday, April 2, 2018.
(AP)

Philip Issa Associated Press

The most powerful Syrian rebel faction on the fringes of Damascus began abandoning its stronghold in the once rebel-held enclave of eastern Ghouta on Monday, in the final chapter of the government's relentless offensive to fully retake the area after seven years of revolt.
The first fighters from the Army of Islam left the town of Douma in the morning hours as part of an evacuation deal that will hand the town to the Syrian government, reported the state SANA news agency.
The rebels were headed to Jarablus, a town in northern Syria where control of the territory is shared between Syrian rebels and Turkish forces.
The Syrian government dispatched more than 50 buses to Douma to take the rebels out, SANA reported. By midday, only a handful had left for the north in three buses.

There was no immediate comment from the Army of Islam. The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which monitors the civil war through a network of activists on the ground, also reported the evacuation.

The deal over Douma would mark the end of a weeks-long push by Assad's forces to consolidate their control over eastern Ghouta, just outside the capital.
Douma was one of the earliest centers of the anti-government demonstrations that swept through the country in March 2011. Syrian government forces responded by putting the town and other suburbs around Damascus under siege, bombing hospitals and residential areas, and blocking the entry of food and medical relief.

Local activists have said that over 100,000 civilians were trapped inside Douma, which suffered devastating damage.
The most recent Syrian air and ground offensive on eastern Ghouta, supported Russia's military, has killed at least 1,600 people, according to the Observatory. More than 120,000 others have fled their homes and sought safety with the government, according to Russia's military operation in Syria.
Russia is a key backer of Assad.
Over the past weeks, as Syrian forces reclaimed towns and villages in eastern Ghouta, they gave rebels and all men of fighting age the choice of accepting amnesty and serving in the Syrian military conscription, or leaving to go to the north of Syria. Thousands chose the north, taking with them their families.

More than 40,000 Syrian rebels and their family members have relocated to rebel-held north Syria, according to the Russian military.
Turkey, with support from rebels, is running its own military operations against a U.S.-backed Kurdish militia in northern Syria, which controls territory along the frontier.
On Sunday, the Syrian government-linked Central Military Media outlet said that once the evacuations are completed, a local council for Douma will be formed with the approval of the central government.

They started being coached-out on the Sunday and the CW event happened the following Saturday.
Wrong. JaI had not agreed to move. Their ‘deal’ with the Russians fell through hence the CW attack

But if you’re so keen.
Good luck.
Do you just fling a load of irrelevant sentences together and post them?

I assume you know about sanctions against Russia and when the latest ones were? Who they target? What stops international sanctions against Assad’s regime and stops OPCW reports attributing blame?

Assad said he’d ‘won’ in November last year:

And we all assume you know that Assad is still winning against a 70 nation coalition of the willing and legions of western-funded jihadis?

After 7 years of war, Assad has won in Syria. What’s next for Washington?
How Assad 'won the war'
Israel sees Assad winning Syria war, urges more U.S. involvement
Why Assad is winning the war in Syria
Assad is defiant as U.S.-led strikes in Syria show no sign of threatening his hold on power
Opinion | To save Syrians, let Assad win
Why Assad Will Win | HuffPost
Syria may be in ruins, but it looks like Assad 'has won the war militarily'
The Syrian war is ending – Assad has won

1 week before The White Helmets started the rumour the Trump was on the brink of sacking it in Syria.
What better time to CW a location that had already been taken and giving the school bully carte blanche to start-up all over again?

And we all assume you know that Assad is still winning against a 70 nation coalition of the willing and legions of western-funded jihadis?

How Assad 'won the war'
Assad is defiant as U.S.-led strikes in Syria show no sign of threatening his hold on power

1 week before The White Helmets started the rumour the Trump was on the brink of sacking it in Syria.
What better time to CW a location that had already been taken and giving the school bully carte blanche to start-up all over again?

Dignitas - Home

It will make you feel better

Pigeon shouting again?

How Assad 'won the war'

I’ve never denied Assad is ‘winning’. He has been on and off (Palmyra x2 etc.) since direct Russian support. The point being he’s been ‘winning’ and using CW. The mechanism for apportioning blame has been vetoed four times.

He’s ‘winning’ and still uses CW. Has done and appears to still do so.

Lying business as usual. This video purporting to show Assad arriving at the office after the attacks was tweeted by "Syrian Presidency" at 9 am yesterday. Too bad the noon shadow of the tree outside proves this wasn't filmed in the morning.

assad faked.png

Last edited:

Latest Threads