Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Should the TA be changed

Badgertastic said:
TopBadger said:
Re-branding costs money we don't have.

Doesn't usually stop the feckwits in charge of the purse strings...

Territorial Army was re-branded to T&AVR (Territorial and Army Volunteer Reserve) long time ago and then re-branded back again.

Yeah, at the time there was a half baked reason but wonder how much it cost to change all the letterheads (twice)

"Big hairy Scots rifle and drinking Club (West Coast Branch)"
Works for me!
....not sure the CO will go for it though :D

Griffin2

Have you given thought as to why you are boring just about every TA thread? Are you being bullied in your place of work? Wife sh@gging a Junior, and you want to large yourself up?

You're not TA, so bore off.

Griffinthe2nd said:
Bug-out! said:
Well, seeing as we do it for free, how about introducing the word "club" into the title.

:D

how about Fat Club?

Naaw that means only our MT section and Chefs can join....OK one chef (but i think he has eaten the others) :p

Bravo_Bravo said:
Griffin2

Have you given thought as to why you are boring just about every TA thread? Are you being bullied in your place of work? Wife sh@gging a Junior, and you want to large yourself up?

You're not TA, so bore off.

:D I thank God for these small mercies.

Again, just a suggestion which was supposed to be humorous. If you didn't take yourself so seriously, you may well realise that i have no malice towards the TA, but if you keep biting, we will keep fishing.

"if you keep biting, we will keep fishing"

You confuse "spotting a bore" with biting. I am, however, impressed that you are now spokesman for the entire Regular Army.

Bravo_Bravo said:
"if you keep biting, we will keep fishing"

You confuse "spotting a bore" with biting. I am, however, impressed that you are now spokesman for the entire Regular Army.

This isn't biting :?

A job i take great pride in :roll:

Griffinthe2nd said:
This isn't biting :?

A job i take great pride in :roll:
Why don't you stroll down to the docks and let some shirtlifters explore your femine side. Or better still run for politics then you wont be just another spare prick on Brighton beach waiting to be gobbled.

Swamp like your choice of names but how about the wee free drinking club instead.

polar69 said:
Local ish non military walking and real ale club

Turning the TA into a drinking club would be the perfect revenge on all those official spokesmen who keep telling the press “The TA was nothing but a drinking club until we reformed it.”