Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Should the TA be changed

With the current funding problems regarding the TA, should the term Territorial Army be removed and changed to Reserve, thus bringing it inline with the Royal Air Force Reserve & Royal Navy Reserve. Discuss

Charlieharley said:
With the current funding problems regarding the TA, should the term Territorial Army be removed and changed to Reserve, thus bringing it inline with the Royal Air Force Reserve & Royal Navy Reserve. Discuss

Why not just call it the 6 month a year army.

Charlieharley said:
should the term Territorial Army be removed and changed to Reserve

Re-branding costs money we don't have.

I also believe reserves have different TCoS? Terms which few/some/many/most might not want to sign up for?

Just bin the lot of them. They can become firefighters, or posties if they wish?

TopBadger said:
Charlieharley said:

I also believe reserves have different TCoS? Terms which few/some/many/most might not want to sign up for?

Why worry about T&Cs when the government/MOD/LAND rip them up when they want to?

TopBadger said:
Charlieharley said:

Why worry about T&Cs when the government/MOD/LAND rip them up when they want to?

As with most things in the UK it all needs to be scrapped and started again using a blank canvas so to speak. However, because the Country is skint, it isn't going to happen so the TA, NHS, Welfare system etc, etc will continue to be a cause for concern and public outrage. Lets not be fooled into thinking the Tories will be any better either, they might have fine ideas and make great promises but they will soon find the lack of money and the f*ck awful bureaucracy the country suffers will be as great a problem as it is for the current bunch of tosspots.

And to keep in tune with the forum; No f*ck 'em, they're shit anyway :shakefist:

RAF is now "auxiliaries"...not reserves...I think the TA could not be rebadged auxiliaries as 90% of them could not spell it ;)

Runs and hides under the table :p

Well at the rate this government is going don't be surprised if its sold to the private sector to raise finds and its rebranded as "Group 1/4 - the partime but a wholly owned subsidiary of Group4".

Charlieharley said:

I smell journo.

BrunoNoMedals said:
Charlieharley said:

I smell journo.

Posting in the NAAFI