Should the TA be changed

With the current funding problems regarding the TA, should the term Territorial Army be removed and changed to Reserve, thus bringing it inline with the Royal Air Force Reserve & Royal Navy Reserve. Discuss

Charlieharley said:
With the current funding problems regarding the TA, should the term Territorial Army be removed and changed to Reserve, thus bringing it inline with the Royal Air Force Reserve & Royal Navy Reserve. Discuss
Why not just call it the 6 month a year army.

Charlieharley said:
should the term Territorial Army be removed and changed to Reserve
Re-branding costs money we don't have.

I also believe reserves have different TCoS? Terms which few/some/many/most might not want to sign up for?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
TopBadger said:
Charlieharley said:

I also believe reserves have different TCoS? Terms which few/some/many/most might not want to sign up for?
Why worry about T&Cs when the government/MOD/LAND rip them up when they want to?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
TopBadger said:
Charlieharley said:

Why worry about T&Cs when the government/MOD/LAND rip them up when they want to?

As with most things in the UK it all needs to be scrapped and started again using a blank canvas so to speak. However, because the Country is skint, it isn't going to happen so the TA, NHS, Welfare system etc, etc will continue to be a cause for concern and public outrage. Lets not be fooled into thinking the Tories will be any better either, they might have fine ideas and make great promises but they will soon find the lack of money and the f*ck awful bureaucracy the country suffers will be as great a problem as it is for the current bunch of tosspots.

And to keep in tune with the forum; No f*ck 'em, they're shit anyway :shakefist:

RAF is now "auxiliaries"...not reserves...I think the TA could not be rebadged auxiliaries as 90% of them could not spell it ;)

Runs and hides under the table :p

Well at the rate this government is going don't be surprised if its sold to the private sector to raise finds and its rebranded as "Group 1/4 - the partime but a wholly owned subsidiary of Group4".

Charlieharley said:
I smell journo.

sandy_boots said:
BrunoNoMedals said:
Charlieharley said:
I smell journo.
Posting in the NAAFI
I never said he was a good journo...

Badgertastic said:
TopBadger said:
Doesn't usually stop the feckwits in charge of the purse strings...
Territorial Army was re-branded to T&AVR (Territorial and Army Volunteer Reserve) long time ago and then re-branded back again.

Yeah, at the time there was a half baked reason but wonder how much it cost to change all the letterheads (twice)

Well, seeing as we do it for free, how about introducing the word "club" into the title.

:D

S

swampmonster

"Big hairy Scots rifle and drinking Club (West Coast Branch)"
Works for me!
....not sure the CO will go for it though :D