Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The police also have a duty to be impartial but only up to a point. When some scrote is breaking the law, they've a duty to be a rigorously partial as needed.

Similarly with the Speaker, he's there to uphold Parliamentary primacy as his first duty and when a PM tries to undermine that he has a positive duty to be thoroughly partial against the attempt.

Bercow is a vile little twat but that's not exactly unique in the HoC.
Since when has it been the Speakers job to hold the government to task? That is the role of the Opposition, not his.

Since when has it been the Speakers job to hold the government to task? That is the role of the Opposition, not his.
And the job of the Speaker is to ensure they are not denied the opportunity.

Sonic67

War Hero
Doesn't mean its the right thing to do..

And? Written as a leaver reluctantly accepting being in the EU with what Cameron was offering.

By the sound of his voice, he is on the way out.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Behind the paywall but the opening paragraph is spot on

anglo

LE
This make I laff, the shame even a tennis club won't have him

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Speaker John Bercow withdraws application to become member of the All England Tennis Club over 'members' concerns about his Brexit outbursts'

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Wightsparker

War Hero

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Speaker John Bercow withdraws application to become member of the All England Tennis Club over 'members' concerns about his Brexit outbursts'

New balls, please! No, not the kangaroo testicles.....

And? Written as a leaver reluctantly accepting being in the EU with what Cameron was offering.
Its pretty irrelevant. Many MPs like Johnson come up through Prep School, Public School debating societies and then into the Oxford Union where they honed their skills. debating requires the speaker to argue the case they have been given, effectively. They do not have to believe in or agree that point merely influence or win the debate.

A few years ago BBC R4 had a short series, Devil's Advocate, where prominent individuals did just that on air, it was quite a revelation to listen to it.

Sonic67

War Hero
Its pretty irrelevant. Many MPs like Johnson come up through Prep School, Public School debating societies and then into the Oxford Union where they honed their skills. debating requires the speaker to argue the case they have been given, effectively. They do not have to believe in or agree that point merely influence or win the debate.

A few years ago BBC R4 had a short series, Devil's Advocate, where prominent individuals did just that on air, it was quite a revelation to listen to it.
Point is, I'm still waiting for any evidence Boris was ever for anything other than leave ever.

Be nice if the chimps in the chamber start screaming. "Bonk, Bonk........ love- bercow !"

Point is, I'm still waiting for any evidence Boris was ever for anything other than leave ever.
The direction was academic, for him it was a personal choice, not a political or ideological one. Johnson saw the chaos on the horizon should Leave have won and saw his opportunity to become PM in quick time.

Had the remainers won it would have been Cameron possible fighting a third term with Corbyn(?) in 2020, however if he supported leave and they won, the obvious resignation of DC would have given him his chance, however we know that Gove spoilt that plan, so he had to bide his time.

I don't think it's that much a secret how frequently he publically undermined Theresa May to expedite his ambitions

Sonic67

War Hero
The direction was academic, for him it was a personal choice, not a political or ideological one. Johnson saw the chaos on the horizon should Leave have won and saw his opportunity to become PM in quick time.

Had the remainers won it would have been Cameron possible fighting a third term with Corbyn(?) in 2020, however if he supported leave and they won, the obvious resignation of DC would have given him his chance, however we know that Gove spoilt that plan, so he had to bide his time.

I don't think it's that much a secret how frequently he publically undermined Theresa May to expedite his ambitions
Proof?

How about Boris wants to leave the EU, always has, so supported leave?

As the guy is completely devoid of any comprehension of what 'truth' means, you may be waiting a long time. He will tell whatever lie he thinks the current audience wishes to hear and tell an opposite lie moments later to a different group.

31st October is not only Brexit, But Bercow Buggers Off Day with no peerage, being a paid Lord, life's tough.

Latest Threads