• No, he is unbiased and doing a good job

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Yes, he has overstepped his authority

Votes: 142 94.7%
  • No thoughts either way

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was bound to happen at some point. The self-important little prick will be sucking at the tit of public expense into his dotage.
Agreed, he was a bit up his own arse, but I for one never got bored when he went off on one. I thought he had a great sense of humour, had some great put downs when people got a bit gobby, and his level of sarcasm was worthy of a fully paid up member of Arrse.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Agreed, he was a bit up his own arse, but I for one never got bored when he went off on one. I thought he had a great sense of humour, had some great put downs when people got a bit gobby, and his level of sarcasm was worthy of a fully paid up member of Arrse.
Hardly the actions of a neutral Speaker though.

The Times thinks he'll cross bench. I don't know re. the latter point.
This is typical Corbyn - seizing upon someome/something to use, just to spite the Tories. Not creating anything - just being against everything.
It gets Johnson off of the hook and Corbyn (and Labour) take the blame.

He was supposed to be the Speaker of the House of Commons, not a fcking music-hall act.

I can stand the despicable dwarf but it is the Office of Speaker that will ultimately be damaged by this. The delay in appointing him to a peerage is enough to rub in the disdain in which he is held.
It just makes the Conservatives look pretty, small minded and petulant.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
It gets Johnson off of the hook and Corbyn (and Labour) take the blame.
In spades...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/01/20/downing-street-blocks-labour-bid-ennoble-john-bercow/
Downing Street has hinted it will block any attempt by Jeremy Corbyn to nominate John Bercow for a peerage unless he joins the Labour Party.
Nice move by BoJo - if the poison dwarf joins the Labour party, it'll just confirm the allegations of bias.

Bercow could also apply to be a cross-bench peer, but then...
Candidates must demonstrate “a strong and personal commitment to the principles and highest standards of public life”, meaning the [Appointments] Commission would be likely to examine the long-standing bullying allegations against him as part of the vetting process.
Which would further trash his reputation.

Lord Bercow of Self-Importance might not happen anytime soon....

Wordsmith

In spades...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/01/20/downing-street-blocks-labour-bid-ennoble-john-bercow/

Nice move by BoJo - if the poison dwarf joins the Labour party, it'll just confirm the allegations of bias.

Bercow could also apply to be a cross-bench peer, but then...

Which would further trash his reputation.

Lord Bercow of Self-Importance might not happen anytime soon....

Wordsmith
All you need to do to prove he is unfit is refer to the comments made by Female Labour MPs (Beckett and Thornberry) who whilst acknowledging them deliberately ignored the bulying/sexism claims because Bercow was more effective at stopping brexit

Beckett later said that some Labour MPs believed they had to prioritise keeping Bercow because he had been fairer to backbenchers in crucial Brexit legislation.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It just makes the Conservatives look pretty, small minded and petulant.
Fine by me if it keeps Bercow out of the trough of public money!

Latest Threads