Should the MOD sack its advertising Agency?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BuggerAll, Feb 13, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Why are so amny of the MOD's adverts toss?

The TA Medical Service and "Who are you 2 luverly ladies?" I cringe every time I see that advert - people take the mick out of me at work about it, but it cost a fortune to produce and run and somebody thought it puts the Army the TA and the AMS is a good light.

What about the Navy, thier punch line is "Be part of something" its a bit feeble, not be the best, but just something we're not sure what but....

And the riffRAF: "You don't have to be a pilot to fly". Maybe I'm slow but I thought they were pluging the other Aircrew jobs until I saw that they mentioned caterers. I discussed this with the wife - the riffRAF don't have slop jockey on planes do they? Well we worked that they probably mean your career will fly in the riffRAF...

Mind you some of the recent TA adds (apart from the AMS one) and the Regular Army's ads are not too bad.

"This is Lieutenat Reynold" my arrse...RANT OVER

2. msr

msr LE

Allgedly they spent £5m on the TA recruiting ads, total number of hands raised in response to the question 'How many of you joined the TA because the recent advertising campaign on the TV?' at a recent DEPO weekend: nil.

Clearly £5m well spent.

msr