Should the Intelligence Corps man its own RQMS and CQ slots

Should the Corps have to fill it`s own RQMS and CQMS slots?

• The task is a bit too complex, don't think we could grasp it in a 2 year tour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The rest of the Army operate like this, why should we be any different?

• There is something to be said for having yr own Q Bloke. North Face clones might be right for once?

• Filling a Q slot is seen as a prerequisite for promotion by most of the rest of the Army. They also

• Total voters
devexwarrior said:
but only after a change in personnel at the top and 6 months of having an Int Corps lingust as one of the SQMSs-a slight mismatch (the sad thing was, the regular RS SQMS was hopeless and things got worse when he returned!!).
In the past there were complaints that we were never resourced properly on the kit and stores side. That's all sorted now then?

NO! I joined the Corps to do interesting G2 work, not gay G4 shite. What next, our LE Majs becoming Bn QMs?

elovabloke

ADC
252_me said:
NO! I joined the Corps to do interesting G2 work, not gay G4 shite. What next, our LE Majs becoming Bn QMs?
Cheeky REMF tttttwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaatttttttttttt. You would never get further promotion in a front line unit without at least some understanding of Q matters. It helps you understand problems that others face and allows you to pre-empt problems.

elovabloke said:
252_me said:
Cheeky REMF tttttwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaatttttttttttt. You would never get further promotion in a front line unit without at least some understanding of Q matters. It helps you understand problems that others face and allows you to pre-empt problems.
Ahhhh, I see where we've been going wrong... :wtf:

elovabloke said:
252_me said:
I never said I didn't understand it. I said I didn't want to do it! Having been made to run the Sect stores in a previous tour (without any formal training - how familiar) cured me of any G4 leanings.

elovabloke said:
252_me said:
i have some understanding of Q matters. i have not been promoted since before slightly_nasty began growing his thicket moustache.

The Int Corps are not cut out for the task of G4 admin. Let them stick to Int and we can stick to the CQ & RQ stuff.

BB51 said:
The Int Corps are not cut out for the task of G4 admin. Let them stick to Int and we can stick to the CQ & RQ stuff.
i hear where you're coming from. whatever next eh? infantry officers as Battalion IOs? :)

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
BB51 said:
i hear where you're coming from. whatever next eh? infantry officers as Battalion IOs? :)
Just like to point out that a previous Director had previously served as DCOS in HQ NI. It took him nearly a year to stop asking G1 / G4 questions about the LET, G1098, quarters pay, allowances usw, etc.

BB51 said:
I don't think this ties in with what Devex warrior said above.

Just because you never see us at tea-and-toast, does not mean that we all have no grasp of how the system works.

devexwarrior said:
252_me said:
I never said I didn't understand it. I said I didn't want to do it!.
Exactly-what did we join to do?
Then I presume nobody would like the RSM spot - with all that boring admin work and all.

I wouldn't think anyone actually wants to do a Q job but for us it was the next step up.

elovabloke said:
devexwarrior said:
252_me said:
Then I presume nobody would like the RSM spot - with all that boring admin work and all.

I wouldn't think anyone actually wants to do a Q job but for us it was the next step up.
I can't really comment on other branches of the army, but Intelligence Corps RSMs certainly don't do boring admin work. Unless by boring admin work you mean managing the careers of the other soldiers in the Bn. If this is the case, then I pity anyone that has you above them in their chain of command.

252_me said:
elovabloke said:
devexwarrior said:
252_me said:

I can't really comment on other branches of the army, but Intelligence Corps RSMs certainly don't do boring admin work. Unless by boring admin work you mean managing the careers of the other soldiers in the Bn. If this is the case, then I pity anyone that has you above them in their chain of command.
Badly put by me - but the gist is that there are times when we all have to do a job we didn't join up to do and for some appointments are a means to an end. Didn't recieve a job description when I joined up - how things have changed.

Don't worry about those under me - there are none anymore. Finished my 22 and enjoyed it - less those jobs I didn't join up for?

252_me said:
elovabloke said:
devexwarrior said:
252_me said:

perhaps an RSM would like to comment on this rather controversial comment? is it all james bond excitement? :)

Ina answer to the question....NO!