Should the cavalry hang their heads or are the RAF overmanned?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Blokeonabike, Sep 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The clue is in 'intranet.
  2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

3. the RAF are just a bunch of loosas. its what they are man enough for prancing about on horses. they dont do REAL sports like boxing or rugby league. the only sports they are good at are ones where they win trophies for whos best at crying and being queers.
  4. Showjumping is the second most dangerous sport in the world after BASE jumping. Boxing and rugby are far, far safer.
  5. Gremlin

Close. Equestrianism in general, and any form of Cross Country are the real buggers; ie Steeple Chasing, the XC phase of 3 Day Eventing and Team Pursuit.
  6. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

There are so few cavalry regiments left, that with the other commitments they just don't have the people or the time to play pony club anymore.At Burliegh the other day the only soldiers taking part were Irish FFS
  7. Granted. I just didn't think the poster I was responding to would understand anything more complex.
  8. Gremlin

Good point. Exactly why I didn't go into rotational v linear falls etc! :-D

He might understand the concept of horse's arse though!
  9. What is a Master Aircrewman? Not heard of that before.
  10. That's the bit between the head and the tail?
  11. Aircrew Warrant Officer.
  12. Is this the bloke who hands out the bag rats in the back of a C130?

13. Yeh, erm................... innit!

On the same subject, the cavalry should whip themselves with birch branches untill they win a future event
  14. Could be, but he could also be hanging out the back of a Chinook as they come in to pick you up in Afghanistan.

As for the RAF being overmanned for winning a Tri-Service tournament, is that a little bit of sour grapes I detect? ;)