Should RQMS only be sellected from TECH SUPP Trade?

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by the.toff, Jan 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What do you think?

2. No, there is not enough quality TSSs to fill all RQMS posts in the Corps.

Jimima

3. Should SSM's only be Elecs/Dvrs/Inst Techs?

Shut up you dullard :x

4. Sellected?

5. I wonder how many RQMS (Tech) posts there are and how many Tech Sup Spec WO2s and SSgts there really are. It would be interesting to look at the raw figures to see whether that argument is borne out by the evidence.

The quality and quantity of Tech Sup Specs is debatable, none of us mere mortals are really qualified to give an objective, evidence-based answer, however if you're right then where does the fault lie? If the job of RQMS (T) is to be head technical storeman then logic would suggest that an experienced technical storeman would be the logical choice. If there are insufficient quality Tech Sup Specs then it would suggest that the personnel in that trade have been insufficiently trained to do the job, develop a wealth of experience, learn all the most efficient control mechanisms and develop their supervisory management skills.

I agree that RQMS (T)s should be from the stores roster. It makes every sense to breed excellence in every one of our vocations and give the best of that trade the opportunity to rise to the top and become the senior tech stores advisor. If our stores are sufficiently technically demanding to require a specific trade then surely the top man needs to know his organisation's core business? Our RDs have a mountain of qualities, skills and experience to do with training, discipline, organisational skills and leadership but what do they actually gain from becoming the head logistics tracker? I feel that a "jobs for the boys" accusation would be unimaginative and unfair, but surely the only tangible benefit is that they learn how the stores work incase they later become a QM (Tech)? Otherwise what message are we sending across to our young tradesmen and women? "Welcome to the Royal Signals, just remember that we consider your trade so useless that we can only trust an outsider to be your supervisor, enjoy your 22 years".

My opinion:
    RD WO2s = RQMS (M) / RQMS (A) = Yes, definitely.
    RD WO2s = RQMS (T) = No

Yeah I know - opinions are like *********, everyone has them. But that's mine.

6. Didn't your parents give you enough attention as a child you nonce????

7. Sorry that was directed at the trough, check his other posts. The man is an oxygen thief of the highest order.

8. Seconded, can we get him tagged, or just kicked off please?

9. Crack on!

10. He's got to be one of your boys Heid :wink:

Agreed he's a trolling throbber, it could even be Flashy's stalker again.

11. Fcuk off, throbber.

12. Feck off, my lads dont use the tinternet, they're out getting pissed and stuff he's got to be a thicknition :D

13. Oh we are all getting upset! Just think i probably served with some of you Cnuts!

14. What in the REME? No. :wink:

15. Was that before you got booted out for crying like a baby..........are you sure your bolloxs have dropped yet CNUT. Go on then how long did you alledgedly serve for and why did you leave?